Filling your lungs with the crisp, clean air at Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve is a great way to soothe your harried nerves.
It's situated in Brunswick, which is roughly 240 miles (386 kilometers) from the state capital, Atlanta.
What makes Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve so appealing is the remote area that it's located in. However, this means that you will not find any accommodations nearby. The Montage Palmetto Bluff, the Marriott's Harbour Club and The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island are among the most convenient places, situated 55 miles (89 kilometers), 55 miles (89 kilometers) and 60 miles (97 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve
You've come a long way, and no doubt Sapelo Island National Estuarine Research Reserve is just the start. Once you're finished, be sure to check out what else the area has to offer:
- Avid readers will love browsing the offerings at Hog Hammock Public Library, a local library. Make sure to call first for visiting and hours information.
- Take a break to savor some of Mother Nature's land that's protected at Blackbeard Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- A peaceful and protected reserve, Wolf Island National Wildlife Refuge is a nice location to get some fresh air.
- Take part in a tour of Ashantilly Center, and try to imagine what life was like long ago.
- Luckily, some places are significant enough in nature or history that they're protected. Altamaha River BioReserve is one of them.