One of the better ways to gain deeper insight into a region is to explore its history. You'll find about some of the area’s stories when you visit Shell Mound Park.
Cedar Key, where it is, is 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Tallahassee.
Travelers will be pleased to discover there are 2 accommodation options within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Shell Mound Park. You can compare the Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club and Beach Front Motel.
Other Things to Do Near Shell Mound Park
After you've been to Shell Mound Park, prepare for the other activities available in the rest of the area:
- Try to find some wildlife, snap a few photos and amble through nature at Cedar Key Museum State Park.
- Learn something new and have fun with the family at Southern Cross Sea Farms.
- Left alone to let Mother Nature flourish, Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge is a peaceful place to get some fresh air.
- History doesn't always come to life in school rooms, but the exhibitions at Cedar Key Historical Society Museum offer an interesting experience for all patrons.
- Find out if you can arrange a guided tour of Cedar Key Chamber of Commerce, or simply spend some time enjoying the busy atmosphere.