We all need a little time away from the kids, whether they are your own or other people's! SilkHope Winery is a superb place to enjoy some adult time.
It's located in Sanford, an estimated 35 miles (56 kilometers) from the state capital, Raleigh.
Be sure to take a look at accommodation possibilities before you set out, since you won't find any hotels in the area. The Umstead Hotel and Spa, 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, and the Proximity Hotel, 40 miles (64 kilometers) away, are two places that might work around your itinerary. If not, 40 miles (64 kilometers) away is the O.Henry Hotel.
Other Things to Do Near SilkHope Winery
After enjoying SilkHope Winery, why not explore the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to get you started:
- Could there be anything better than an exciting cultural trip blended with alcohol? Take the time to visit Starrlight Mead and you will quickly find out.
- Take a look at the exhibition pieces at The Joyful Jewel.
- Wander around and enjoy the art at Cooper Mays Pottery.
- Give your kids a treat with a fun visit to Carolina Tiger Rescue, a local wildlife sanctuary.
- Expert shoppers will want to make a beeline for McIntyre's Fine Books and Bookends, a famous store which some people specifically visit for.