If you are on the lookout for something to keep you occupied during your travels, a trip to Stone Valley Recreation Area is an excellent choice.
State College, where it can be found, is 60 miles (97 kilometers) from the state capital, Harrisburg.
There aren't any accommodation options in the vicinity of Stone Valley Recreation Area, so you've got to be ready for a bit of a commute. The Omni Bedford Springs Resort, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, and the Battlefield Bed & Breakfast Inn, 70 miles (113 kilometers) away, are two choices that might work with your itinerary. If not, 10 miles (16 kilometers) away is the Holiday Inn Express State College at Williamsburg Square.
Other Things to Do Near Stone Valley Recreation Area
You can discover a wide range of other attractions after your trip to Stone Valley Recreation Area:
- Shaver's Creek Environmental Center is the place to go if you want to gain information on the natural environment of the general area. Inquire regarding visiting information and tours.
- If you are enthralled by the simplicity of nature, Whipple Dam State Park is a place you'll appreciate. Have a relaxing day and go for a hike and picnic in the fresh air.
- Experience the sights and sounds of nature as you hike through Greenwood Furnace State Park.
- Show off your swing, posture and stance at Penn State University's Blue and White Golf Courses.
- Let the youngsters move around and take part in the activities at Discovery Space of Central Pennsylvania. It can't get any more hands-on and entertaining than that!