Have you been working too much recently? The Dog and Oyster Vineyard is the ideal place to let off some steam.
You can find it in Irvington, which is 55 miles (89 kilometers) from the state capital, Richmond.
Put down your bags, catch some sleep and savor being close to The Dog and Oyster Vineyard when you stay at The Whispering Pines Motel-whitestone, only 1 mile (2 kilometers) away.
Once you're done exploring The Dog and Oyster Vineyard, take a walk to The Local and enjoy a steaming mug of coffee and the comfortable surrounds. Also nearby is Byrd's Seafood Company, a quality eatery that offers up a variety of hearty meals. If you still want more, think about stopping for a drink at Trick Dog - Bar & Bistro.
Other Things to Do Near The Dog and Oyster Vineyard
You are here to check out The Dog and Oyster Vineyard, but you could well be just as pleased with what else the area has to offer:
- Steamboat Era Museum is an essential attraction for anyone interested in oceanic history.
- Take time to stop by Historic Christ Church. Although this local house of worship is frequently visited by tourists, you need to ask about the visitor rules if you'd like to spend time inside this peaceful building.
- Spend a few hours practicing your swing at Golden Eagle Golf Club.
- A trip to Good Luck Cellars will be an experience for your senses.
- Left alone to let Mother Nature flourish, Hughlett Point Natural Area is a pleasant place to relax with the birds.