Remember to shout, "fore" as you take a swing with your favorite iron at Torrance Course.
It's in St. Andrews, so if you're coming from Edinburgh, the country's capital, you'll have a journey of 30 miles (48 kilometers) ahead of you.
If you're primarily here to see Torrance Course, you'll probably want to reserve a room at the Fairmont St Andrews. At 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the sight.
If you’re searching for a budget place, look into the St Andrews Tourist Hostel, just 3 miles (5 kilometers) away.
If you yearn for a little sophistication, you're in luck. There are a couple of upscale hotels that are just a short commute away. The Old Course Hotel and Macdonald Rusacks Hotel are ideal.
Enjoy some time out from all that exploring and treat yourself to some culinary pleasures at La Cucina (Fairmont St Andrews, St Andrews), only 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Torrance Course
Here are a number of the area's other favorite things to do:
- St. Andrews Bay Golf Resort is a great place to play a round and meet some of the local players.
- Notch a few birdies, get more active and challenge yourself at Devlin Course.
- East Sands is a popular rec center that many tourists enjoy. Head over there for an afternoon of sports and fitness.
- View the ruins of something that was once loved at St. Andrew's Cathedral.
- Spend a couple of hours or more notching a few birdees at St Andrews - Eden Course.