This is a very cute, fun, and adorable 3-bedroom, 1.5-bathroom vacation home in Frankfort, Michigan. One of the bedrooms is on the first floor and the other two bedrooms are on the second floor. Both bathrooms are on the first floor. The vacation home is in a great location which is walking distance from downtown Frankfort and Frankfort Beach on Lake Michigan (the cottage is almost exactly 1 mile from Frankfort Beach and Lake Michigan), but far enough away from downtown and the beach to be quiet throughout the year.
This vacation cottage has a number of great features that make it perfect for vacation getaways for families, couples, or small groups:
1) This vacation home has air-conditioning! (This is actually quite rare for the area and is a huge plus on the summer days in July and August when air-conditioning is really desirable.)
2) This vacation home has a full modern kitchen! The kitchen has all stainless steel appliances with an electric range (stovetop and oven), refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and toaster. There is also a large stainless steel sink and lots of counter space and cabinets!
3) This vacation home has a washer and dryer in an attached laundry room!
4) This vacation home has a portable fire pit and outdoor chairs! This allows to have great bonfires with s'mores! (Note that for safety we ask that the portable fire pit only be used on the driveway.)
5) This vacation home has a main floor bedroom and bathroom! This is very beneficial, particularly if older folks are part of the group.
6) This vacation home has a glass-enclosed attached dining room! Conveniently located next to the kitchen, the dining room and large dining table allow guests to dine together while enjoying the beauty of northern Michigan's outdoors.
7) This vacation home has great WiFi and streaming services! The cottage has fast WiFi and, for television service, we have a Hulu digital streaming package that provides the equivalent of 150+ cable channels, including live sports. We also provide PureFlix as well as NetFlix via digital streaming.
8) This vacation home has two separate lovely outdoor porches! The porches work great for enjoying morning coffee outside or relaxing outside in the evening!
9) This vacation home has a new charcoal grill! This allows for great chargrilled lunches and/or dinners right at home.
10) This vacation home is newly remodeled with new comfy and cozy furniture and bedding throughout the house! This allows for wonderful relaxing and great sleeping.
11) Each room in this vacation home has a full-length mirror! A very nice and thoughtful touch is that each of the bedrooms as well as the bathroom have full-length mirrors in them.
12) This vacation home has plenty of storage space! In addition to lots of closets and dressers, there is a very large utility room where luggage and/or larger items can be safely stored.
13) Towels, linens, coffee, and basic toiletries are all included for free! (Please note that bath towels are provided, but beach towels are not. We also ask that guests not take any of these items home with them.)
14) Bikes are included! This vacation cottage even has two adult bikes that are available in the utility room for guest usage.
This vacation home is just one mile from Frankfort Beach and Lake Michigan and just two blocks away from Frankfort's charming Main Street and downtown. Frankfort's lovely downtown area has a number of cute shops, restaurants, and cafes for dining and shopping. There is also a well-renowned microbrewery, Stormcloud, and the historic Garden Theater, which is great for catching a new-release movie.
This vacation rental is also only a 20-minute drive from the start of the spectacular Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore which provides an incredible abundance of natural beauty, jaw-dropping dunes, lots of trails for hiking and biking, and the great opportunity for kayaking, canoeing, and/or tubing on the Platte River, which flows through the park and out to Lake Michigan.
This vacation home is also just a 45-minute drive from the start of Traverse City and a 60-minute drive from downtown Traverse City. Traverse city is the cultural, shopping, dining, and financial hub for all of northern Michigan and it offers a vast array of "bigger-city" activities if this is desired.
Given the combination of a beautiful home in a fantastic location, we believe that "My Happy Place" can truly become your happy place for a wonderful vacation!