Take a step back into an era from the past as you explore Tyre Hippodrome.
You will find it in Sour, so if you are flying into Beirut, the nation's capital, you will have a journey of 45 miles (72 kilometers) ahead of you.
If you're after a good hotel that is fairly close to Tyre Hippodrome, the Murex Hotel, is the best choice. It's located just 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away.
Is your phone gallery full but your stomach empty? You can follow the distinctive smell of coffee 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) and treat yourself to a hot beverage at Friends Cafe (Tyre). A busy local restaurant, Easy Diner (Tyre) serves up some hearty fare that's guaranteed to satisfy even the hungriest of travelers.
Other Things to Do Near Tyre Hippodrome
You've traveled for quite some time, so surely Tyre Hippodrome isn't going to be your only stop. After you're done, be sure to experience what else the area has available:
- For an expedition into the distant past, go to Al-Bass site, where you can see the fascinating results of an archaeological dig.
- Al-Mina excavations is an important local attraction that will transport you back in time. You will get to see evidence of an archaeological dig, in addition to a number of fascinating items that were discovered as a result.
- Give your respects at Holy Cross Cathedral, the area's principal Christian church.
- Marvel at evidence a real archaeological dig at Tyre Archeological Site.
- Are you after a nice spot to relax? Have a look at Tyre Harbour, a wonderful bay.