Book a hotel near Unawatuna Beach, Unawatuna
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Unawatuna Beach
Unawatuna Beach Hotel & Travel Guide
Planning to check out Unawatuna Beach and looking for somewhere to stay close by?
It is in Galle, which is 60 miles (97 kilometers) from the national capital, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte.
Want to spend less time commuting? Make a base at one of the 51 accommodation options that are within a short walk of Unawatuna Beach. So much choice can sometimes be overwhelming. We'd advise first looking into the Calamander Unawatuna Beach, Sevonra Garden and Rock Fort Hotel.
Planet Earth is a huge place to explore, so it is often prudent to stretch your travel budget. There are a selection of hotels close by that will help you with that. Two excellent places are the Surf City Guesthouse and the Sun Set Point Hotel, just 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) and 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away, respectively.
After a lively day of exploring, stay in ultimate comfort at your pick of the handful of chic establishments that are within close reach. You can head to the Era Beach by Jetwing, 1 mile (2 kilometers) away. Otherwise, try to book a few nights at the Thaproban Pavilion Resort & Spa, 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away.
If you need a little spark, you can keep your brain alert and awake with a welcome burst of caffeine. Savor one or two coffees at Cafe Cinema, an easy walk away. When you've really worked up a big appetite, Happy Banana is also not far away, and is one of the best local places to take the family for dinner. Sharing a bottle of your favorite drink at Catamaran Pub might be just what you need after a busy day.
Other Things to Do Near Unawatuna BeachAfter finishing up with Unawatuna Beach, travelers often check out one or two of the area's other interesting attractions:
- Admiring the architecture of Japanese Peace Pagoda and learning about the landmark's fascinating history is always a worthwhile excursion.
- Make time to arrange for a visit to Yatagala Raja Maha Viharaya, a serene house of worship.
- The sight of an open body of water can have a calming effect on a busy mind. Head over to Galle Harbour and feel nature's impact take over.
- Galle Lighthouse has steered many ships away from danger over its history and is a defining feature of the region.
- Make inquiries regarding a guided tour of Historical Mansion, an iconic local landmark and among the area's must-see sites.
It's so simple to hop on the metro when you're heading to Unawatuna Beach. The nearest station, Unawatuna Railway Station, is a mere 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away.