Where to stay in Venice: Best areas for travelers
- Castello: If you love being in the heart of the action, you'll adore this area. There's no shortage of things to keep you busy here, including Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo. The Locanda Sant'Anna, the Melissa house and the Hotel Corte Contarina will have a comfortable room for you at the end of a busy day.
- Cannaregio: Wake up at the Hotel la Forcola and then make tracks to Ca' d'Oro. This leading attraction is just one reason so many visitors decide to stay in this neighborhood. The Hotel Henry and the Hotel Ariel Silva are other comfy places to get some shut-eye around here.
- San Marco: This is where you'll find Rialto Bridge. If you want to see what the fuss is all about, why not stay a while in this popular part of town? The Hotel Becher, the Hotel Mercurio Venezia and the Hotel Ateneo will have a comfortable bed waiting for you.
- Mestre: Before heading off and exploring every inch of this awesome place, you'll need a decent night's snooze. The Hotel Al Vivit, the Hotel Aurora and the Hotel Venezia are some options to look into. Book a room at one of these and wake up refreshed and raring to discover the area's biggest and best attractions, starting with Forte Bazzera.
- Dorsoduro: Peggy Guggenheim Museum brings many visitors to this neighborhood. If you want to see this notable attraction for yourself, why not stay here too? You'll find a good variety of hotels to choose from, including the Wonderful Venetian Town House in Superbe Location, Ideal for Couples or a Family, the Pausania and the EXCESS VENICE - Boutique Hotel & Private Spa.
Venice flight + hotel packages
2021 Venice vacations
Top Venice hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Venice
Decadence should be your middle name. You crave delicate pastries and rich coffee topped with whipped cream and swirled through with dark chocolate. Your opera glasses have traveled with you around the world, spying gilded flourishes and lavish costumes. And your feet, even your feet, adore cobblestone streets and lazy waterfronts lined with rainbow-splashed row houses. Everything you adore is drawing you toward the collection of tiny islands connected via canals and bridges that compose of the most romantic cities in the world. Indeed, everything you adore is drawing you away on a trip to Venice. Whether you’re traveling solo or with a special someone, the ambiance and artistry will see to a stunningly romantic vacation in Venice. Top Hotels in Venice
As you plan a getaway as grand as the city’s iconic canal, curate a custom Venice vacation package from our array of airfare and guest-loved accommodations: Hotel Canal Grande : As the name suggests, this hotel practically dips its toes in the Grand Canal on the north side of Santa Croce. Walk past and through several historic basilicas, including St. Mark's Basilica, and tread over ornate foot bridges on your way through the city. Back at Hotel Canal Grande, admire Venice from the rooftop terrace and order 24-hour room service whenever risotto strikes your fancy. Hotel Cavalletto e Doge Orseolo : With vintage décor and the sight of colorful gondolas right outside your guestroom window, you might think you’ve turned back the centuries. But believe us, this hotel is outfitted with modern amenities, like complimentary wireless Internet, and you’ll only be a short walk or shuttle ride away from San Marco’s elegant and energetic night life, including Teatro San Gallo and St. Mark’s Square. Hotel Excelsior Venice : When you walk through the front doors of Hotel Excelsior, you may have to pinch yourself. Don’t. Savor the royal treatment, from the plush décor and expansive suites to 24-hour room service and private beach access on Lido Island. Wander into the city center, or simply lounge by the beach bar and watch the sun set over the Adriatic Sea. Hotel Metropole : This historic hotel keeps good company with La Pieta, one of the city’s most unmistakable churches, and Museo delle Icone—a collection of the region’s religious symbolism. Relax in the hotel garden, plan your next adventure with complimentary wireless Internet, or leave your fine dining wear with the dry-cleaning services before an evening out. Major Attractions
The Floating City is home to many bridges and just as many mythologies. Venice vacations wouldn't be complete without a visit to the Bridge of Sighs, which connects the Palazzo Ducale with a historic prison. Legend has it, criminals taken into custody would turn around for a last glimpse at freedom before being incarcerated, giving the bridge its melancholy name. To acquaint yourself with the city’s saintlier history, visit San Giacomo di Rialto Church, the oldest church in this scenic city, built in the 5th Century and rife with history.
If you desire a bit of shopping, don't skip the Rialto Markets. This plethora of shops provides you with ample options, whether you are searching for sparkling Murano glass, fine art, or an extravagant Venetian mask for your next fabulous event. Festivals and Events
Speaking of events…like Mardi Gras, Carnevale is a seven-day event held each year in February. Locals and visitors to Venice dress up in elaborate costumes and masks while attending parties, strolling through the streets, or relaxing on a gondola ride through the city's famous canals. If you're an opera fan, September may be the perfect month for your vacation in Venice, Italy. The Opera Festival includes drama and opera, as well as showcasing Italian dancing and music.
Your wildest—and most opulent—dreams are about to come true. Save on fabulous flights and a hotel when you book package deals in Venice with Travelocity. And sigh in wonder as you wander over every bridge.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Venice?
How long should my Venice vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Venice?
Why should I purchase my Venice vacation package via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Venice car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Venice?
Which airport is best for Venice?
What is there to do in Venice?
Where should I stay when visiting Venice?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.