FAQs about flights from Kingsford Smith Intl. Airport (SYD) to Los Angeles Intl. Airport (LAX)
Are there direct flights from Sydney Airport to LAX?
5 airlines offer passengers nonstop flights from Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.). These include Qantas and American Airlines — check them out if you need to arrive at Los Angeles as quickly as possible. How long is the flight from Sydney Airport to LAX?
It's a good idea to stand up and move about during your flight from Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.). You'll be traveling for 14 hours and 49 minutes, so stretching your muscles will keep you feeling comfortable during this long journey. What is the flight distance from Sydney Airport to LAX?
From Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), there's a flight distance of 7,954 miles (12,800 kilometers). So, it's wise to have a good selection of entertainment to choose from. Movies, magazines, puzzles ... whatever interests you. If you're adequately prepared, it won't feel like too long before you hear the announcement for landing. What airlines fly direct from Sydney Airport to LAX?
If you're heading from Sydney to Los Angeles, there are a good number of airlines that will fly you there. Book a seat with these well-known carriers with direct flights from Sydney, NSW Airport (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.):
Flying Tips & TricksHow do I find my flight number?
- Qantas - (QF) with 33 flights every month
- American Airlines - (AA) with 28 flights every month
- Delta - (DL) with 27 flights every month
- Virgin Australia - (VA) with 24 flights every month
How early can you check bags for a flight?
- Your flight number is contained in your itinerary. It consists of numbers and letters, and it should be easily distinguishable.
- Check-in and luggage drop times can change between airports and airlines, but there are some rules of thumb. Booked on a domestic flight? You can usually drop off your suitcase two hours ahead of takeoff. For international services, three hours is standard.