2.5-Hour History and Food Tour in Atlanta
Cleaning and safety practices
Delve into the future of Southern cuisine while exploring Atlanta's deep past in this delicious food tour through Victorian Grant Park and Oakland Cemetery. You'll try 8 modern Southern and Southern fusion tastings from 3 locally owned restaurants and food shops on this 2.5-hour small group tour, including a jaunt through Oakland Cemetery, while being entertained by our knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide. You'll learn about the founding of Atlanta, from tiny railroad town to the capital of Georgia, while trying delectable samplings, including shrimp and grits at the city's favorite seafood spot and southern fruit gallettes from a James Beard-nominated bakery. Discover why Atlanta is a city built on food on this unforgettable food tour, a must for food and history lovers!
Summer/Spring Hours 11AM 11:00
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The tour is over 1 easy miles through Grant Park with plenty of rest stops. Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water!
- Operates in all weather conditions, rain or shine; please dress appropriately and carry an umbrella.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Unexpected Atlanta Tours are experiences with social distancing between groups, with all-digital brochures, and a limited group size. Per current CDC guidelines masks are no longer required, but recommended. All guides are fully vaccinated.
Six Feet Under Pub & Fish House - Grant Park
Enjoy incredible shrimp and grits and fried catfish and okra with a cucumber wasabi soy sauce at Grant Park's most popular restaurant and one of the city's top seafood spots. The patio is legendary with stunning views of both the city and the cemetery and guests will be seated in their bubbles at separate outdoor tables.
Enjoy the quaint neighborhood of Grant Park while your guide tells you about some of Atlanta's founding history including one of the worst real estate deals in American history.
Explore Atlanta's oldest Victorian cemetery, see Maynard Jackson's, Margaret Mitchell's, and Bobby Jones' grave, and learn about the history of the Civil War in this stunning location.
Firepit Pizza Tavern
Try mouthwatering pork belly on toast with a housemade tomato jam, handmade pretzel with dipping sauce, and a pink cocktail with a local gin made from juniper berries in Oakland Cemetery.
The Little Tart Bakeshop
Finish up with the city's best chocolate chip cookie and an apple cheddar turnover from one of the city's most pre-eminent bakeries.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app