Anglesea: 2-Hour Surf Lesson on the Great Ocean Road
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- <b>Not suitable for: </b>Children under 8 years, Pregnant women
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- All required protective equipment is provided
What you can expect
You will meet at the tour supplier's shop 15 minutes before your lesson starts. Then your instructor with find you a wet suit that is the correct size, and the right surfboard for your height. After you have changed into your wet suit, you will walk down to the beach with the rest of the group.
The lesson will begin on the beach with a safety briefing and some basic instruction. Then you will enter the water up to your waist, to catch your first few gentle waves. Once everyone has caught some waves and you are feeling more comfortable in the water, you will return to the beach for more detailed instruction about how to stand up on the board.
The remainder of the lesson will be spent back in the water with the instructor helping everyone to stand up on their surfboard. On completion of the lesson everyone will return to the shop with their equipment to have a rest and a hot shower. Make sure you get some photos of your first experience of surfing.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Masks provided
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app