Big Sur Monterey California Pacific Coast One Day Tour
Cleaning and safety practices
Transportation by driver guide using full size sedan car or SUV at additional cost. This is unique way of visiting one of the most scenic areas in the U.S. The driver guide will stop at places you wish to enjoy in Santa Cruz, Monterey, Big Sur, Bixby Bridge, River Inn, Pfeiffer state park of Coastal Redwoods, Nepenthe and many other places. This is a private tour not a group tour.
From Emeryville 08:00
From Oakland 08:00
From Monterey or Carmel 09:30
Sedan Car : Lincolin Town Car for 1 to 4 people
Include hotel pick up drop off: Pick up and drop off at any hotels in Monterey and Carmel included
Big Sur Monterey California Pacific Coast One Day Tour 09:30
San Jose pick up and drop off: Pick up and drop off at any hotels and residences in San Jose is included
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Specialized infant seats are available
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Covid-19 protocols are observed by our staff.
Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
1) From San Jose - Total time 8 hours. Driver guide will pick you up at San Jose Diridon Station at about 9:30 a.m. Driving through Silicon Valley and The Redwoods you reach the coast at Santa Cruz. Along Highway 1 you go through Aptos, Capitola, and agricultural area to Elkhorn Slough and Moss Beach. Soon you are in Castroville driving through miles of artichoke and strawberry fields. Along the coast you see sand dunes on the west and Salinas Valley with the coastal mountain range to the east. Salinas River empties into Monterey Bay. Past California State University of Monterey in what used to be Fort Ord through Marina and Seaside you reach Monterey and Carmel by 11:30. Continue on Highway One through Point Lobos, Garrapata and Rocky Point to Bixby Bridge.
Further south you can wander in the Redwoods, have lunch at The River Inn or at Nepenthe or ask the driver to take you to any special place you want to see. By about 3:30 you return to Monterey. Time permitting you can take an alternate drive through 17 Mile Drive and see Pebble Beach.
This iconic single span concrete bridge built during 1940s is seen in many movies and commercials. You stop at both ends for views and taking photos.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app