Clear Kayak and Snorkel Adventure from Kihei
Cleaning and safety practices
- Ohana Ocean Adventures, we are Maui’s ONLY guided clear kayak and snorkel tour company! We have BRAND NEW clear kayaks as of March 2022! Viewing Maui’s marine life and reef through a crystal clear kayak is an experience you will never forget. Suitable for ages 3 and above and no kayaking or snorkeling experience is necessary.The 3 hour tour runs from 7am until 10am as this is the best time of day for good conditions for your tour! It includes meet up, waiver signing, kayak prepping, fish talk, and launching. Once on the water, you will paddle over several reefs, and enjoy the beautiful Maui scenery. If you choose, there is an OPTIONAL snorkel portion of the tour. You may wish to get out of the kayaks to have a closer look at some incredible marine life. Ohana Ocean Adventures has been running guided tours for the local Maui community and visiting tourists since 2017. We love all things OCEAN and ADVENTURE and most of all we love Maui and feel blessed to call this island home.
Clear Kayak and Snorkel Adventure 07:00
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Individual weight limit is strictly 230 lbs due to the nature of our clear kayaks. If you weigh over 230 lbs, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation. This is for your own safety. We have 1 single non-clear kayak available per trip that doesn't have such a strict weight limit. This needs to be reserved ahead of time. It is company policy for our tour guides to weigh each individual using scales at the meeting location on the day of the tour. If you report your weight incorrectly and then weigh over the limit on the day then we will not be able to accommodate you and you will receive no refund. Please contact us if you have questions about weight distribution before booking.
- Weight limit for tandem kayak is 420 lbs *Individual weight limit of 230 lbs still applies. You will automatically be assigned a tandem kayak for a booking of 2 adults. We are a small company and only have a limited number of clear kayaks for each tour.
- If you have ANY medical conditions we need to be made aware of for your safety (including if you are pregnant) or if you have dietary restrictions then please advise us of this via email.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Returns to original departure point
- Departure time: 7:00 AM
What you can expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Makena Landing Park, Makena Rd, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753
Get a new perspective of life under the sea with this guided tour, which includes a clear kayak paddle & snorkel time at one of our favorite reefs on Maui, where you can see all sorts of local marine life, including stunning coral, brightly colored fish & majestic sea turtles! Seasonal whale watches also available (Dec-April).
Included: Kayak & safety equipment (life vest), snorkel mask & fins, dry bags, snacks (vegan & GF options available), bottled water is provided, however *We encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle if possible to help reduce plastic & save our beautiful oceans, and lots of ALOHA!
Time: Our tour runs daily and begins at 7am. It is essential you arrive on time. We know it’s early but it’s the best time of day for good conditions for your tour!
What to bring: As little as possible. Reef-safe sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, rash guard or quick dry top, personal snorkel gear (if preferred), water proof camera (if you have one) & an adventurous spirit!
Duration: 3 hours
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Maui Hawaii
- Makena Landing Park, 5083 Makena Rd, Kihei, HI 96753, USA
- Maui Hawaii
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app