Dr. Martin Luther King's Tour
- The King Center, with over 10,000 personal documents of MLK
- Informative journey through King's trials & tribulations
- Chance to learn about the civil rights movement of the South
- Tour has been adapted conducted by local.
- Warm & inviting atmosphere at one of Atlanta's favorites.
Martin Luther King Jr. Heritage Tour in Atlanta
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- You will receive confirmation of your exact tour departure time when you call to confirm your reservation.
What you can expect
Our MLK, Jr. Heritage tour has been adapted. The tour is conducted by local historian Ms. Stephanie, who has lived and worked in Atlanta for over thirty years and has worked for three Mayors of Atlanta. The tour provides an overview of the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., from his formative years as a youth growing up on Auburn Ave, which was once called the richest Negro street in the world, to Dr. King's impact as a leader in the Civil Rights Movement. As of March 28th, the Dr. Martin Luther King's Center has reopened. We will conduct a walking tour of the area, exploring its legendary history. The tour begins at the Visitor Center, followed by a short walk to Auburn Ave, where you will learn about its illustrious history and fame. We will then continue on Auburn Ave to the neighborhood of King's boyhood home. Additionally, on Auburn Ave, you will find the beautiful Reflecting Pool and the tombs of Dr. and Mrs. King, Jr. The tour will conclude at Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Dr. King, Jr.'s senior and grandfather served as pastors.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app