Durham City Walking Tour
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Not recommended for travelers with spinal injuries
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with poor cardiovascular health
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- This tour is conducted in an outside setting, is restricted to the private group booking.
A 900 year old Norman-Romanesque cathedral that pioneered stone vaulted ceiling. The story of the monks carrying the coffin of the legendary miracle working monk, St.Cuthbert.
Built on the orders of William the Conqueror, the Durham Fortress quelled the Anglo-Saxons and resisted Scottish attack. Changed over the course of many centuries as successive Prince Bishops of Durham left their own mark.
Durham Market Place
Created by the flamboyant Prince Bishop Ranuf Flambard in the 11th century, the Market Place is a centre of activity and full of interesting buildings, sculptures and historical characters.
A 12th century bridge commissioned by Prince Bishop Hugh de Puiset to open up the lands to the East of Durham. See the remnants of the St.Andrew chantry, hear about the infamous bagpipe player Jimmy Allen and find out what Dominic Cummings did when he was a student at the second worst night club of Europe.
See the magnificent Georgian street full of lovely independent shops and inns/restaurants and some interesting facts quirky street views including the last remaining parts of enormous North Gate of Durham fortress.
Built in1776 this bridge affords a fantastic view of Durham Cathedral across the majestic river Wear.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Social distancing measures in place
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app