Visit the birthplace of the Olympic Games
Visit the Temple of Zeus, Pelopion, the stadium, the Temple
Gaze the magnificent landscape of the Peloponnese peninsula
Enjoy a ride through the majestic mainland
Visit the modern village of Olympia
About this activity
What's included, what's not
English speaking driver
Airconditioned van /vehicle
Round trip transportation
admission fees in the monuments
professional guide in the monuments
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Contactless tickets
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
- Personal safety equipment
What you can expect
Drive through the scenic and beautiful landscape of the Peloponnese Peninsula to reach the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Admire the emblematic temples and athletic facilities and feel the era of the ancient classical period.
Olympia, a sanctuary of ancient Greece in Elis on the Peloponnese peninsula, is
known for hosting the Olympic Games in classical times. Join us in reliving the
wonder and thrill of the original Olympic Games, which were held from 776 BC. to
393 AD. as you explore the ruins of the great monuments.
Enter the famous archaeological site of Olympia and marvel at the Temple of Hera, in
front of which burns the Olympic Flame during modern day Olympic Games.See the
Temple of Zeus, which once housed the Golden and Ivory statue of Zeus (one of the
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World) and the original Stadium and Bouleuterion,
monuments unlike any other, where once competitors swore an oath to conform to
We pick you up from your the point of your preference and we start our journey through the Peloponnese peninsula.
We stop at the canal for 30 min. Then we head to the Ancient Olympia. The journey to Olympia lasts approximate 3 hours.
We stop at the Ancient Olympia to visit the monuments and sights for 2 hours. Next to the Ancient Olympia is the modern town of Olympia to enjoy a snack or a traditional greek lunch. You can also find shops for souvenirs and boutiques.
We stop at the modern village of Olympia for 1 hour and then we head back to Nafplio.
Drop of at you hotel, accommodation or any central point in Athens & Piraeuswith duration 12 hours.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Hand sanitizer provided
This information is provided by our partners
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app