Maui Haleakala Sunrise Downhill Bike Tour with Mountain Riders Rated #1
Cleaning and safety practices
Our most popular Haleakala Bike Tour for over 30 years. A visit to the summit of Haleakala National Park to watch the sunrise, followed by a downhill bike ride from 6,500ft elevation to the seaside town of Paia. A must do activity to complete your Maui experience!
Maui's upcountry towns of Makawao and Kula are charming and scenic. On a bike tour, you can enjoy this experience in an active way like no other. Watch the majestic and colorful sunrise from atop the 10,023ft elevation Haleakala volcano, admiring the expansive moon like craters inside the volcanic summit.Then experience a “one of a kind journey”. Biking 26 miles from Haleakala National Park all the way down to the charming seaside town of Paia.
Meet at our office 886 Haliimaile Ave Makawao, HI
Haleakala Sunrise Bike Tour 03:15
The Haleakala Sunrise journey is Mountain Rider’s most popular Maui bike tour. Watch a magical Maui sunrise atop 10,023 foot Mt. Haleakala, view the spectacular Crater & enjoy biking 26 miles.
Duration: 7 hours: Meet at our office 3am
Drop off 10-11am
Drinks/Granola Bars: We provide bottled water and an assortment of granola bars.
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have at least a moderate level of physical fitness
- Weight restrictions apply; maximum weight is 280 lbs
- Minimum height required is 5 feet
- Age restriction; riders must be over the age of 12 years.
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Masks must be worn in accordance with State and County mandates. Masks are required when 6 feet physical distancing isn’t possible. Protocol - vehicles, bicycles and helmets will be sanitized before and after tours.
view the sunrise from a protected building. Rest rooms are available. Local Hawaiians we welcome the sunrise with a ole or Hawaiian chant.
Get ready for their adventure down the crater.
Haleakala National Park
While descending the Haleakala guest may stop at the gift shop located just inside the park gates.
Historic Makawao Town
Quaint town with shops and eateries.
Kula (Pass by)
Seasonal Jacaranda trees in bloom, amazing scenic outlooks and varying micro climates while descending Haleakala Crater.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Gear and equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Social distancing measures in place
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app