A look at the old quarters of Panama City
Ruins of Old Panama City, destroyed by Henry Morgan
Views of the Panama Canal from Miraflores Visitors Center
Spectacular scenery from the Amador Causeway
Delectable lunch at a local restaurant
About this activity
What's included, what's not
Guided tour of Panama City
Admission to the Miraflores Visitor Center at the Panama Canal
Roundtrip transportation to and from your hotel in Panama City
Live tour commentary provided in English
Cleaning and safety practicesSee all
- Masks required
- Contactless tickets
- Vehicles and venues disinfected
What you can expect
Get to know the beauty of Panama City in a tour that takes you to its remarkable places and the Panama Canal. After being picked up at your hotel, you will ride in comfort through the sites of the modern capital city.
First, Ride through the enchanted Balboa area to admire the Panama Canal Administration Building on a hill, and then head to the Miraflores Locks for the chance to see huge shipping vessels transiting through the locks of the Panama Canal.
Continue to the Amador Causeway, where you can find incredible views of the city—not to mention a Duty Free store.
Afterwards, visit the Colonial City, home to amazing Spanish architecture. Head to Plaza Francia, Las Bovedas, San Jose Church with its wonderful gold altar, the Flat Arch, and Cathedral Church, and see where French workers led by Ferdinand de Lesseps began the Panama Canal. You can still notice the French style of architecture in the surrounding homes.
After lunch, visit the ruins of Old Panama City, destroyed by the pirate Henry Morgan in 1671.
Convenient transportation brings you back to your hotel in the afternoon.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Protective shields in place at main contact areas
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
This information is provided by our partners
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app