Rioja Full Experience Tour from San Sebastian with Lunch
We invite you to discover the most famous wine region of Spain, La Rioja, where traditional family wineries coexist with more avant-garde ones.
During this full day tour, we will get the opportunity to explore the different styles of wineries of La Rioja Wine Region, from century-old to boutique-style wineries. We will stroll through vineyards, learn about the elaboration processes employed in winemaking, and, of course, taste the wines of famous wineries in La Rioja Region. In addition to this, our tour includes a traditional Riojan lunch with wine pairings.
After completing the tour, you will have learned about the history of the area and the different styles of wines produced today in La Rioja Region.
You will travel as part of a small group with a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 6.
Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please include your pick-up location in San Sebastian at time of booking
After pickup from your accommodation in San Sebastian, we will head to the city of Haro in La Rioja Alta wine region. We will take a formal guided visit of a traditional Riojan winery located in Haro's famous Train Station District. After the guided visit, you will enjoy a tasting of two glasses of wine at the winery. Following the formal winery visit and tasting, we will take a short stroll through Haro's Train Station District and enjoy an additional quick tasting of 2-3 wines at another winery.
We will leave the Rioja Alta wine region behind and cross the river into the Rioja Alavesa wine region to head towards its capital: the village of Laguardia. We will take a guided stroll through this enchanting medieval village, and later head to visit a smaller, family-run winery located in the Rioja Alavesa wine region. At the winery, we will learn a bit about its history and enjoy a tasting of two of their wines.
We will take you to enjoy a typical 3-course Riojan lunch paired with wine.
After lunch, we will head to Ysios winery, famous for its architecture, for some wonderful photo opportunities.
Bodegas Marques de Riscal
We will head to Bodegas Marques de Riscal, designed by Frank Gehry, for some additional photo opportunities.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
Best Deals on Things to Do
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app