Swing, Stroll & Dance: Harlem Walking Tour with Swing Lesson
- Exciting tour that delves into Harlem's swing roots
- Visits to Savoy Ballroom, Alhambra Ballroom & Lenox Lounge
- Lively dance lesson with a Frankie Manning ambassador
- Insights into Frankie Manning, the Lindy Hop & much more
- Enthusiastic local tour guide shows you around the area
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 7 and younger are not allowed.
- If you have limited mobility, you should not take part.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
What you can expect
Bring your dancing shoes for a toe-tapping tour of the neighborhood that birthed the Lindy Hop and fostered the infectious energy of swing. Visit the once-booming dancehalls and clubs of the Harlem Renaissance, and then take a lesson from a Frankie Manning ambassador to learn your own sweet moves.
First, take a journey back to Harlem's golden age of swing as you head out with a local guide to explore the spots that made history with their irresistible beats, big bands, and signature dance moves. Visit the sprawling Savoy Ballroom where Frankie Manning and other swing masters perfected the world-famous Lindy Hop, and stand on the Harlem Alhambra's famed dancefloor where jazz and blues legends like Billie Holiday and Bessie Smith once performed.
Check out the Lenox Lounge, the long-standing bar frequented by jazz greats from Miles Davis to John Coltrane. As you discover the lasting legacy of the Harlem Renaissance, find out how these venues have also been impacted by current development trends in Harlem.
After your tour, hone your swing chops with a lively lesson from a Frankie Manning ambassador, who teaches dance in the style of the iconic dancer and choreographer. Practice the swingout of Manning's legendary Lindy Hop, pick up more fancy footwork from other famous dances like the jitterbug, and even learn some jive talk. By the end of the lesson, leave well on your way to becoming a hep cat, confident to show off your groovy moves.
- New York NY 10031
- Schomburg Center
- 515 Malcolm X Boulvard
- New York NY 10037
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app