Torquay: 2-Hour Surf Lesson on the Great Ocean Road
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- <b>Not suitable for: </b>Children under 8 years, Pregnant women
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- All required protective equipment is provided
What you can expect
Start your tour by heading to the meeting point to pick up your equipment. Your instructor will select the correct size wetsuit for you to change into, and will help you to find just the right size surfboard.
Once you are ready, walk to the beach with the rest of the group. Your lesson will begin on the beach with a safety briefing and some basic instructions before you head into the water, waist deep, to catch some waves.
Once you have had your fill of the surf, you will return to the beach for some more detailed instruction about how to stand up on your surfboard. The remainder of the lesson will be spent on the water with the instructor helping everyone to stand up. At the end of the lesson, return to the shop with your equipment to have a hot shower and change. Make sure you arrange to take some photos.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Masks provided
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app