Washington, D.C. Day Trip from New York
Cleaning and safety practices
- Easy day trip from Manhattan to D.C. by comfortable bus
- Sights include Capitol, Senate, White House & National Mall
- Time to explore exhibits at the National Air & Space Museum
- Arlington National Cemetery & the Kennedy family gravsite
- In-depth commentary from a professional tour guide
Washington D.C. Day Tour
Live commentary in English. Live Commentary in English. French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish
What's included, what's not
Know Before You Book
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary. You must provide a car seat for any child 5 or younger.
- Tour stops may vary.
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- International visitors will need to present a passport to access the Arlington national cemetery.
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
What you can expect
Take a day trip out of the city to soak up the history and architecture of another East Coast metropolis—Washington, D.C. Check out the monuments and memorials of the National Mall, see the White House, and dive into the fascinating exhibits at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum.
In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
Meet your bus in midtown Manhattan and climb aboard for the drive south to the United States capital. Pass through New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland in air-conditioned comfort before arriving in D.C. Your first stop is at Arlington National Cemetery, where you make a visit to the Kennedy family gravesite and spend a reverent moment paying your respects among the sea of white crosses.
Continue on to Capitol Hill, the heart of the country’s political activity. Make short stops at the Capitol and Senate Buildings, and admire the White House from across the lawn as your guide shares facts and information.
Stop at the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, where you have a full 90 minutes to explore the amazing exhibits of this world-class institution—home to the largest collection of historic aircraft in the world. After that, ride to the National Mall, where you can gaze up at the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial and pay your respects at the Vietnam and Korean War Memorials. Your day in D.C. concludes with a narrated drive along the Potomac and by the capital’s major sights before hitting the road to head back to Manhattan.
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Temperature checks available
- Masks required
- Masks provided
- Hand sanitizer provided
4.5 average out of 5 rating of 724 reviews
Sort reviews by
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app