Whale Watching Monterey Bay With Sea Goddess
Live Commentary in English from an onboard Marine Biologist.
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Pregnant women are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Children under 3 are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- Our vessel is not wheelchair accessible and steps are used for boarding.
What you can expect
Sea Goddess Whale Watching promises a once-in-a-lifetime whale watching experience. Our whale watching tours depart from Moss Landing, right at the mouth of the Monterey Bay Canyon, one of the largest underwater canyons in the world! This nutrient-rich zone attracts all types of marine life, making Moss Landing the best place for whale watching tours in the entire Monterey Bay.
In fact, the Monterey Bay is visited by so many migratory whales that we’re able to offer guaranteed whale sightings year-round.
Our whale watching tours depart from Moss Landing – Less Travel Time Than Monterey Departures, and More Whale Watching Time!
Top Reasons To Go Whale Watching with Sea Goddess out of Moss Landing:
- Located at the mouth of the Submarine Canyon abundant with rich nutrients means less travel time and more whale watching time. Monterey and Santa Cruz whale excursion companies can both take up to an hour to find the whales – we have found them in as little as 10 minutes!
- Sea Goddess has the biggest and most pristine boats in the harbor with bathrooms. NOT used as a fishing boat, our boat is clean, not smelly, is comfortable and is kept in impeccable condition with our passengers in mind. It is also used for private charters such as weddings, special events, and other celebrations.
- Naturalists who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in both education and research and are passionate and enthusiastic in educating our passengers and answering questions.
- Sea Goddess has plenty of space to walk around the entire boat, even with passengers sitting on the outside benches. You are not stuck in one spot if the whales show up on the other side of the boat!
- Year round whale watching. Moss Landing has an abundant sea otter population.
- Located next to the Elkhorn Slough waterway, which is recognized as a Globally Important Bird Area and Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve.
- Typically less fog than Monterey.
- A quaint, historic fishing village – Moss Landing is truly a hidden treasure, home to many antique shops, art galleries, and fantastic seafood and other restaurants!
- Plenty of parking just steps away from loading dock.
Guaranteed whale or dolphin sighting or your next trip is FREE!
Cleaning and safety practices
Enhanced cleanliness measures
- High-touch surfaces cleaned and disinfected
- Vehicles and venues cleaned with disinfectants
- Vehicles and venues kept vacant between travelers
- Contactless ticket redemption
- Social distancing measures in place
- Personal protective equipment worn by staff
- Temperature checks given to staff
- Masks required
- Hand sanitizer provided
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity app
- Get helpful alerts about flight status and gate numbers
- Access all your travel details, even when offline
- Easily contact your hotel by messaging them right in the app