Pet owners shouldn't miss Athens, a city known for its shopping, and sights like Classic Center and 40 Watt Club. Choose from Travelocity's 23 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Athens and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Athens with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at State Botanical Garden of Georgia, Watson Mill Bridge State Park, and Hurricane Shoals Park and Heritage Village.
- Other things to see include Sanford Stadium, University Of Georgia Conference Center, and Georgia Museum of Art.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet Supplies Plus, Tuesday Morning, or Aquarium Outfitters-Fish Store.
- For vet care, Corrie Brown, Chambers April DVM, and Laminack Liz DVM are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Athens
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Commerce - Athens
Pets stay free at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate the helpful staff and overall property condition.
- Best Western Athens
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its central location and quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Athens
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and helpful staff.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Athens
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help plan your trip in Athens.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 70°F in the daytime to 33°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 91°F and the nighttime average is 46°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 92°F in the daytime to 57°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 79°F and the nighttime average is 33°F.