Where to Stay in Savannah
Savannah offers a wealth of excellent accommodations to enjoy during your time there. If you’re not sure which locale might be best for you, here’s a look at our picks for four of the best places to stay in Savannah.
- Hotel Tybee for ultimate relaxation: Offering an island-style twist on Southern hospitality since 1889, Hotel Tybee is located on its namesake island about 18 miles off the coast of Savannah. Grab a rod and reel and cast out into the Atlantic from Tybee Island’s fishing pier, or strut your stuff on the pavilion’s dancefloor where local bands regularly perform. Take a trip back in time by climbing the 178 steps of the island’s iconic, 280-year-old lighthouse, or take a tour of Fort Pulaski, a 5,600-acre Civil War battleground that now serves as a National Park.
The largest beach accommodation on the island, Hotel Tybee is just 100 feet from the sand and offers ocean-view rooms in addition to a bevy of other amenities and activities:
- Event space: Whether it’s a wedding, family reunion, or corporate celebration, Hotel Tybee has enough banquet rooms and conference centers to comfortably accommodate up to 150 guests.
- Dining: Fill your belly at the lively La Dolce Vita, an authentic Italian restaurant and lounge overlooking Georgia’s coast from the hotel’s second and third floors.
- Swimming and sips: When it’s time for a rest, unwind in either of the hotel’s two outdoor pools, and wet your whistle at the on-site tropical Tiki bar.
- Planters Inn on Reynolds Square for wedding and romantic getaways: This boutique hotel in downtown Savannah offers world-class amenities in one of the oldest corners of the city. With fireplaces and balconies in some of the Inn’s most alluring rooms, this historic hotel is the perfect place to take your sweetheart, but since it’s so close to Telfair Museum of the Arts, River Street, and the City Market among other popular spots, it’s also an outstanding launching point for tourists of any stripe. Other perks include:
- Event planning: From intimate weddings to large-scale corporate events, Planters Inn offers the services and support you need to pull off a world-class celebration. On-staff event planners and catering professionals can help ensure all the details are taken care of, allowing you to focus on your guests.
- Dining and drinks: In the mood to relax? The hotel regularly hosts complimentary wine and cheese socials in the historic Olde Pink House Restaurant.
- Hyatt Regency Savannah for outstanding entertainment: Among the most luxurious hotels in Savannah’s historic district, this accommodation lies right on the banks of the city’s eponymous river, and offers sweeping panoramic views from many rooms. And with one of the best locations in the city, this Hyatt is close to an abundance of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. When you’re not out and about, take advantage of:
- Breakfast: Wake up on the right side of the bed by enjoying an authentic southern breakfast buffet at the Hyatt’s Windows restaurant overlooking the rolling river.
- Vu Lounge: Offering refreshing drinks and light bites, the Vu Lounge is one of Savannah’s best nightlife spots. And as you might guess by the venue’s name, it offers unparalleled vistas of the surrounding area.
- Café: Stop by Perks Coffee Shop for a coffee, cappuccino, or pastry to go. There are also sandwiches, salads, and other items ideal of eating on-site or on the go.
- Pool and fitness center: With four heated indoor pools and an always-open fitness center, the Hyatt has what you need to keep up with your workout routine.
- Savannah Marriott Riverfront for a sophisticated stay: Offering an elegant experience right on the water, the Savannah Marriott Riverfront connects to the vibrant River Street scene via the Riverwalk, and is home to many cultural centers and retail retreats. Here’s a look at what else you’ll find:
- Event space: A dream setting for events of any size, the Savannah Marriott Riverfront helps you host your meeting or celebration against an impeccable backdrop.
- Dining options: Foodies and history buffs alike will find a lot to love at this riverside paradise, including high-end restaurants and historic landmarks around nearly every corner. And for those who don’t feel like leaving the hotel, Blue, the on-site Savannah-style bistro serves up American cuisine amid gorgeous surroundings.
- Gym and pools: In the mood to exercise? Offering a fully equipped fitness center and both indoor and outdoor pools, the Marriott makes it easy for you to stay fit during your trip.
- Spa services: Looking for a little relaxation and rejuvenation? The hotel’s magnificent Magnolia Spa can help you find inner peace and outer beauty.
Travelocity makes it easy to book cheap hotels near Savannah for whenever you’re traveling. Our extensive assortment of hotels in Savannah is the biggest and best on the web, giving you the greatest number of options before selecting the room that’s right for you. So whether you’re headed here for a wedding, corporate event, or just to do some sightseeing, count on us to help you score amazing deals on Savannah lodging options that you’ll love.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Savannah? Check out our Savannah travel guide!