Where to stay in Burlington: Best areas for travelers
- Colchester: Experience some of the best nightlife in Burlington in this part of town. There's plenty of fun to be had here! Start your evening at Sunset Drive-In Theater before checking out Saint Michael's Playhouse. You'll need a nice, long sleep after a massive night out. Thankfully, you'll be able to find it at the Hampton Inn Colchester, the Quality Inn Colchester - Burlington or the Motel 6 Burlington - Colchester.
- South End: It's little wonder so many visitors decide to stay in this area — there's just so much to see and do. Get your trip off to a great start by reserving a room at the Luxury One-bedroom Carriage House in the Heart of Burlington or the Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown.
- South Burlington: Red Rocks Park and Overlook Park offer some respite from the city's hustle and bustle. If you can't get enough of nature, this place is perfect for you. Comfortable hotels in this area include the Green Mountain Suites Hotel, the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Burlington and the Anchorage Inn.
- South Hero: There are loads of things to do and places to spend your nights in this neighborhood. A few convenient places to look up are the South Hero Sunset Facing 5 Bedroom Lakefront Cottage, The Anchorage and the Champlain Escape to the Lake!. Be sure to snap photos of Snow Farm Vineyard and Winery while you're here — it's one of the area's big attractions.
- Charlotte: If you're in the mood for a date with Mother Nature, this is the perfect place to be. Enjoy some downtime at Mt. Philo State Park then soak up the scenery at Thompsons Point. Wondering where to spend your evenings in this part of town? We recommend the Cabin on Lake Champlain, Charlotte, VT, The Projector House, Thompson\'s Point, VT and the Lake Champlain Camp, Spacious Deck, Sunset & Mountain Views, Beach and Dock.
Burlington flight + hotel packages
2021 Burlington vacations
Top Burlington hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Burlington
Burlington, Vermont is a beautiful New England city that's full of history and culture. Burlington is also close to the Green Mountains, where you can hike in the summer and ski in the winter, making the city a perfect base for athletic travelers and outdoor lovers.
Many Burlington VT hotels are close to the best sights in the city, including Church Street Marketplace. This market has shops that sell many locally-made items, and nearby restaurants serve a variety of cuisines. Also, the marketplace is located in a picturesque square. Another fun attraction in downtown Burlington is the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, which features displays of frogs, local freshwater fish, turtles and more. There's also an interesting exhibit that discusses the history of the indigenous people of the Lake Champlain Basin. You won't have to worry about running out of things to do on your Burlington VT vacation.
Events and Festivals
To experience a truly unique local celebration, take your Burlington VT car rental and drive over to the Festival of Fools. Located in downtown Burlington, this festival takes place at the end of July. You can see circus shows, live theater and dancers performing on the streets. Or, check out the Burlington Food and Wine Festival. This festival takes places in June and features farm-to-table food and world-class wine. While you're enjoying your food, listen to a line-up of smooth jazz musicians. Use the money you saved by booking Burlington vacation packages to buy yourself tickets. If you're ready to experience all that Burlington has to offer, book a package deal to Burlington through Travelocity. You can save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time. When you book through Travelocity, you'll be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and the fascinating sights of Burlington without overspending.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Burlington?
How long should my Burlington vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Burlington?
Why should I book my Burlington vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Burlington car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Burlington?
Which airport is best for Burlington?
What is there to do in Burlington?
Where should I stay when visiting Burlington?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.