FAQs about Mayaguez Flights
Which airlines fly to Mayaguez?
Excited to make some new memories in Mayaguez? JetBlue is one of the top airline companies that service this destination. What airport is best to fly into Mayaguez?
Mayaguez Airport (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos) is approximately 4 miles (6 kilometers) from the sights and sounds of downtown Mayaguez. It's the sole airport in the city, so there's zero chance of your cab driver transporting you to the wrong one! Places to visit in Mayaguez
Mayaguez Zoo is the place to be for animal enthusiasts. Want some more options? You'll enjoy exploring Plaza Colon, a historic piazza that's loved by both tourists and locals. But there's more. As you explore the area, you might want to stop and check out Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Candelaria, a local place of worship. If you want to view this church from the inside, make sure you ask about visiting times before your trip. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Mayaguez
These clever tips and pointers about airport security checks will save you a lot of time on your journey to Mayaguez:
- Make sure you know the location of your travel ID and boarding pass. You don't want to hold up the queue when you're asked to present them.
- You'll need to stop the tunes for a little while. Earphones must be taken off and placed in a tub to be X-rayed. The same applies to items such as keys and coins.
- Laptops, digital cameras and other electronic devices must be placed in a bin to be X-rayed.
- When it comes to traveling with liquids or gels, every passenger is allowed a quart-sized clear resealable bag to store containers no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Consider the type of footwear you want to fly in. Slippers are great because they're easy to take off when you're at the security checkpoint. Try wearing a pair on your next flight!
- Multi-tools and corkscrews are not permitted on board the aircraft. Tuck them away in your checked luggage to avoid forfeiting them at the airport security checkpoint.