There aren't too many things that can rival the restorative sensation of the great outdoors. Make your way to Coniston Water for a much-needed dose.
To reach it, stop in at the popular city of Manchester before continuing to Coniston, 70 miles (113 kilometers) away.
Within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Coniston Water, there are a total of 10 accommodation options eager to welcome you. See which one you prefer out of the Sun Inn and High Grassings Bed & Breakfast.
You don’t need to be rich and famous to book a room at one of the upmarket establishments that are in the surrounding area. The Queen's Head Inn and Restaurant and Grizedale Lodge are ideal.
Other Things to Do Near Coniston Water
After enjoying Coniston Water, why not check out some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to start:
- Both tourists and locals like to go on tours of Brantwood, a memorable historic house.
- If you're in the mood for a little self-enlightenment, see what's being presented at John Ruskin Museum.
- Hike to the top of Old Man of Coniston, or observe it from a comfortable vantage point.
- Church of St Mary is a pleasant place of worship. You can admire it from the street or find out if you can make arrangements to have a tour inside.
- Give yourself time to recharge your batteries with a tranquil afternoon spent close to nature in Grizedale Forest.