Relish the splendor of the landscape at Scafell Pike.
You'll find it in Keswick, about 85 miles (137 kilometers) from the popular city of Manchester.
Accommodations are a bit sparse around Scafell Pike, but you can find 5 candidates within 6 miles (10 kilometers). Spend some time comparing the features at the Scafell Hotel and Royal Oak Hotel.
There's only a handful of hotels in the surrounding area, so make sure you reserve your room early. If you're hunting for something sophisticated, try the Hazel Bank Country House, 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Scafell Pike
After you've been to Scafell Pike, prepare for the other activities available in the wider region:
- Church of St Olaf is a pleasant house of prayer. Look at it from afar or see if you can make arrangements to look inside.
- Take a tour at Hardknott Roman Fort and learn about the history of the area.
- Pull on your hiking boots and head out to Pike of Stickle. This picturesque and rewarding hike is a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the charming natural beauty of this area.
- The pleasant shores of Wast Water are an ideal location to breathe in the clean air and enjoy the outdoors.
- Whether it's sparkling gemstones or stones and rocks, you never quite know what nature's hiding in a mine. Going on a tour of Honister Slate Mine is a great way to unearth some of these natural secrets.