Where to stay in Dayton: Best areas for travelers
- Miamisburg: From the Super 8 by Wyndham Miamisburg Dayton S Area OH or the Quality Inn & Suites Miamisburg - Dayton South, it'll be a snap to enjoy the sights of this neighborhood. Love nature? Get out and discover Miamisburg Mound. The Red Roof Inn Dayton South – Miamisburg is another cozy option if you want to stay on this side of town.
- Springfield: Whatever it is that's brought you to this neighborhood, it won't be long till you get won over by its charms. Springfield Museum of Art, Springfield Antique Center, Hartman Rock Garden — there's lots to keep you busy. Top hotels include the Courtyard by Marriott Springfield Downtown, the Villager Inn and the Knights Inn Springfield Oh.
- Fairborn: If you have the kids in tow, this neighborhood could be worth considering. See if there's something suitable for the family at the Quality Inn , the Fairborn Hotel or the Comfort Inn & Suites. When the youngsters start getting restless, take them on a trip to Beavercreek Golf Course.
- Beavercreek: There's plenty to keep you entertained once the sun sets here. Kick-start your evening at Dayton Funny Bone Comedy Club, a popular after-dark hangout. If you're on the hunt for a cozy room, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Dayton/Beavercreek, the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dayton Beavercreek and the Courtyard by Marriott Dayton Beavercreek are some choices in the area.
- Xenia: Base yourself at the Ramada by Wyndham Xenia and you'll be well placed to discover some of this area's top attractions. Begin your sightseeing at Xenia Area Community Theater, Country Club of the North and National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center. For more hotel options, look up the Deerfield Inn and the Xenia Country Inn.
Top Dayton hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Dayton
Dayton is proof that imagination and hard work can create great things; just look at the airplane (thank you, Wright Brothers!). As the Birthplace of Aviation, this southwestern Ohio city boasts its fair share of attractions for the sky, like Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park, but it also offers cultural attractions, shops, dining, nightlife, and surrounding scenery. Search for deals on holidays in Dayton, since it's time explore Gem City.
The National Aviation Hall of Fame and National Museum of the U.S. Air Force are two exceptional attractions that will turn you into an aviation expert. Carillon Historical Park, which details Dayton's rich history of invention, is a must see, and the Dayton Art Institute is one of the best in the Midwest. Afterward, explore the Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum, a truly gorgeous facility, and bike one of the Miami Valley trails. If you want to let loose, you can shop and dine at The Greene Town Center, and then go to the Oregon District to party the night away. As you look for Dayton hotels , be sure to book one near attractions you want to see.
Festivals and Events
Undoubtedly, the annual June Dayton Air Show is the event to attend in town. You can also be transported to the streets of Athens at the Dayton Greek Festival in September. May is a big month for events, with Space Fest and A World A' Fair, while the Dayton Blues Festival in July is always fun. Don't forget to look for all-inclusive Dayton vacations during this time frame.
Planning a trip to Gem City takes time, so search early for Dayton package deals and bundles on Travelocity. You can save up to $537 on hotel and flight by booking your lodging and airfare together as vacation package. Add a Dayton car rental to your vacation package and nothing can stop you from turning your getaway into the best trip to Ohio yet.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Dayton?
How long should my Dayton vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Dayton?
Why should I book my Dayton vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Dayton car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Dayton?
Which airport is best for Dayton?
What is there to do in Dayton?
Where should I stay when visiting Dayton?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.