Where to stay in Detroit: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Detroit: Full of charm and character, this is a perfect match if you want to be near the action. Spend your nights at the Shinola Hotel, The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit or The Siren Hotel. Then, you'll be in an excellent position to discover this area's leading attractions, like Ford Field and Fox Theatre.
- Royal Oak: This isn't the busiest spot in town, but it's certainly still popular with those new to the area. For a relaxing stay, book yourself a room at the Hyatt Place Detriot Royal Oak or the Hotel Royal Oak.
- Romulus: The Comfort Inn Metro Airport, the Delta Hotels by Marriott Detroit Metro Airport and the Wyndham Garden Romulus Detroit Metro Airport are some popular options to look into if you're vacationing with the family. Wondering how to keep the kids entertained during your stay? Gateway Golf Club is a well-known family-friendly attraction that's worth checking out.
- Dearborn: Before heading off and exploring every corner of this wonderful neighborhood, you'll need a good night's rest. The Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, the Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Dearborn and the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Detroit Dearborn are some options to look into. Stay at one of these and wake refreshed and raring to uncover the area's biggest and best attractions, starting with Henry Ford Museum.
Top Detroit hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Detroit
Music. Automobiles. Lakefront surroundings. You can only find this alluring trifecta of excellence in one place: Detroit, Michigan. Those things are far from the only attractions in “Motor City,” though they should certainly be the starting blocks on your adventure. Beneath the veneer of powerful sports cars and jamming guitars is a city full of history, a deep love of sports, and an art scene that must be experienced to be believed. Don’t wait anymore, traveler. Book one of Travelocity’s vacations in Detroit and let the adventure unfold on your own time.
Detroit Package Deals
Leave no part of your getaway to chance. We offer a variety of package deals to help make your vacation a smooth one, from allowing you to book your flight and hotel together to adding on a car rental on top of that. And you’ll want a car rental to get around the place affectionately known as Motor City. After all, this is the hallowed stomping ground of Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, and many others. Fittingly, it’s also the location of the country’s first “urban depressed freeway,” built to alleviate local congestion in 1942.
Yes, cruising the highways is a time-honored practice here in the Motor City, but driving through Detroit isn’t just rife with symbolism. It’s also the easiest way to get from one attraction to the next. Glide from the Dossin Great Lakes Museum to Fort Wayne, then follow it all up with a trip to the Fillmore Detroit. History, music, and spectacular scenery are all yours.
Where to Stay During Detroit Vacations
We boast a variety of accommodations for the discerning traveler to book, but we’ve selected some of our favorites for you:
- MotorCity Casino Hotel: We could tell you about the beautifully appointed guest rooms and the sprawling suites. We could make a fuss about Iridescence, the exquisite dining room located inside the hotel. But you’re interested in the casino, aren’t you? Take a spin with Lady Luck and see how you do at slots, poker, or blackjack, among other offerings.
- Edward Village Michigan: This striking, glass-covered property contains numerous types of rooms, from standard lodging with a King-sized bed to the Grand Suite, which has enough room for the entire family. Wind down your evenings in the Archimedes Bar and Lounge with a drink in your hand and a light appetizer on your plate.
- Greektown Casino Hotel: Comfortable rooms, skyline views, and a position in the heart of downtown Detroit. Between delicious on-site restaurants and the casino itself (its games include poker and slots), you may not ever want to leave, but if you do venture outside, you’ll find the best of Detroit waiting for you.
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center: Look out the window: on one side, sweeping city views. On the other, the Detroit River. Enjoy mouth-watering meals at Volt, the on-site restaurant, followed by an invigorating workout in the 40th-floor fitness center. The hotel is located adjacent to the RiverWalk and Ford Field—you’ll never be bored.
Things to Do
Booking a cheap vacation in Detroit means you’ll have plenty of money left over to spend on things like incredible food, souvenirs for family and friends, and visiting other attractions. Stop in at New Center Place to find plenty of goodies at once, or pay a visit to City Bird. This charming gallery offers a number of Detroit-themed artifacts, all of them made by local artists. This is the spot to obtain the perfect gift for the die-hard Detroit aficionado in your family.
Purchasing vacation packages in Detroit, MI don’t mean you can’t venture outside the city limits. Spend a day cruising I-75, pausing for photo ops of Lake Erie. Or go further inland to beautiful Ann Arbor and the Pinckney Recreation Area. There’s no shortage of wonderful outings for the truly determined traveler.
Travelocity understands that this is part of your grand adventure, and you want to see every inch of this sprawling city and its surrounding area. That’s why we include so much in each vacation package in Detroit. Why spend hours toiling online in search of the perfect airfare or hotel when you can bundle them together in one place? Book today. We’ll see you in Motor City tomorrow.
Tours and Activities in Detroit
Whether you're by yourself or going on vacation with your loved ones, traveling's about expanding your horizons, plunging into incredible new adventures and accumulating memories along the way. Ready to go?
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Detroit?
How long should my Detroit vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Detroit?
Why should I purchase my Detroit vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Detroit car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Detroit?
Which airport is best for Detroit?
What is there to do in Detroit?
Where should I stay when visiting Detroit?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.