You'll be happy you added Fort Fremont to your itinerary.
It is situated in Beaufort, which is an estimated 120 miles (193 kilometers) from the state capital, Columbia.
Most travelers journey here for similar reasons, and as there's just 1 option for accommodation nearby, it's easy to meet new friends. From Days Inn Port Royal/near Parris Island, it is only 6 miles (10 kilometers) to Fort Fremont.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Fremont
You can take full advantage of your time by discovering the region's other attractions once you're done with Fort Fremont:
- If you love sports and wouldn't mind playing a quick round, visit Legends Golf Course at Parris Island.
- Notch a few birdies, get a workout and mentally challenge yourself at the local The Legends at Parris Island.
- If you can't make it to one of the more popular museums, give your knowledge a boost at Parris Island Museum.
- March over to Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island, where you might get the chance to tour the facility.
- Golf is a great way to relax while getting a little exercise. So if you'd like to give it a try, book a round at Sanctuary Golf Club.