Where to stay in Freeport: Best areas for travelers
- Williams Town: From the Island Seas Resort 2 Bedroom. Reserve With Licensed Broker. Over450 Vrbo Reviews or the Island Seas Resort, it'll be a breeze to enjoy the sights of this neighborhood. Adore being in nature? Get outdoors and admire Lucayan National Park. The Two Bedrooom Villa at Ocean Reef Yacht Club. Best Rates, Most Weeks! is another cozy option if you'd like to stay in this part of town.
- Bahamas Terrace: Get into vacation mode before you even leave home by looking up all the terrific things around here. Cooper's Castle, Lucayan National Park and Regency Theater are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your itinerary. The Running Mon Sunrise Resort & Marina, the Running Mon Resort by KEES Vacations and the Best Ocean View on the Island , Ocean Front Property are great options.
- Lucaya: With big attractions and plenty of hotels, this area has all the ingredients for a wonderful getaway. Check out Port Lucaya Marketplace and then sleep soundly at the Bell Channel Inn Hotel & Scuba Diving Retreat, the Beautiful Freeport Bahama Condo Overlooking Port Lucaya Marina & the Ocean or the Pelican Bay Resort at Lucaya.
- Bell Channel Bay: Before exploring every inch of this awesome place, you'll need a good night's snooze. The Flamingo Bay Hotel & Marina at Taino Beach, the Pelican Bay Resort at Lucaya and the Breakers Cay at Grand Lucayan are some options to consider. Spend your nights at one of these and wake up refreshed and raring to discover the area's most famous attractions, starting with Port Lucaya Marketplace.
- West End: Interesting attractions, a good range of hotels and an unique personality are a few reasons this neighborhood is such a hit with many first-time visitors to this city. Recommended hotels here include the Waterfront, Family Friendly, Bahamian Retreat With Dock and the Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour.
2021 Freeport vacations
Top Freeport hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Freeport
If your ideal holiday consists of warm sandy beaches and great weather, you may want to visit Freeport. In the Bahamas, you can snorkel through crystal-clear waters or enjoy a day in the local marketplaces. With Freeport vacation packages, you can tailor your itinerary to suit your tastes.
Whether you're interested in Freeport all-inclusive vacations that put you on the beach or in the heart of town, you'll have plenty of fun things to do. With a Freeport car rental , you can drive to the Lucayan National Park, with more than six miles of caves and charted tunnels. Gold Rock Beach is a protected area in the park that helps support the mangrove ecosystem. Swimming with the dolphins is possible at the UNEXSO Dive Center, which is within a short walk of Pelican Bay. If you enjoy local seafood or shopping for local crafts, plan a visit to the Lucaya Marketplace, where you can find great deals on authentic Bahamian goods.
Festivals and Events
There's always something to do in the Bahamas. When you're planning holidays in Freeport, consider the best time of year to visit. In early April, you'll be able to take part in the Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival. The Old Freetown Heritage Festival occurs in May and commemorates the islands' first black settlement. Every year on July 9 and 10, many events are held to commemorate the independence of the Grand Bahama Island. If you include a stay at one of the Freeport hotels , you'll be within walking distance of all the action.
When you're looking for bargains on flights, Travelocity makes it easy to compare multiple providers in a single location. You can check out bundles that may provide you with more time to spend on a Bahamian beach, and save up to $537 when you book your hotel and flight at the same time on Travelocity.
Tours and Activities in Freeport
Sensational places, fascinating people and memorable experiences — that's what traveling is all about. Excited about your next epic adventure?
So you've jam packed your Freeport itinerary with a whole bunch of experiences — awesome! If you're searching for just a few more ideas, check out our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Freeport?
How long should my Freeport vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Freeport?
Why should I purchase my Freeport vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Freeport car rental if I book it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Freeport?
Which airport is best for Freeport?
What is there to do in Freeport?
Where should I stay when visiting Freeport?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.