Enjoy the tranquility at Hocking Hills State Park, one of the area's most popular natural attractions.
You can find it in Athens, roughly 45 miles (72 kilometers) from the state capital, Columbus.
A big part of what makes Hocking Hills State Park so special is the secluded area it's located in. However, this means that there are no hotels close by. The Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, and the Hilton Columbus at Easton, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, are two choices that might work with your schedule. If not, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away is the Hilton Columbus Downtown.
Other Things to Do Near Hocking Hills State Park
If you are hoping to fit as many things as possible into your itinerary, here are some other things that are happening:
- Whether you get there in the morning or in the afternoon, visiting Cantwell Cliffs lets you experience the haunting beauty of nature.
- Old Man's Cave is a cave that you should visit. You'll be impressed as you look into the remarkable darkness and feel the characteristically chilly air.
- Venture off the beaten trail and enjoy a little slice of paradise at Cedar Falls.
- At Happy Trails Horseback Rides you can do more than just admire the animals. You can take a ride on one!
- At Hocking State Forest Rockclimbing and Rappelling Area, stretch your arms and legs with a climb and brush up on your abseiling technique.