Where to stay in Indianapolis: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Indianapolis: Featuring famous attractions like Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art and NCAA Hall of Champions, it shouldn't be a surprise that this area is the first choice for many visitors. You'll be in the heart of the excitement and have your pick of places to stay, including the Courtyard by Marriott Indianapolis at the Capitol. The Residence Inn by Marriott Indianapolis Downtown on the Canal and the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel are other places from which to discover this end of town.
- Mile Square: You're spoiled for choice when it comes to quality places to stay in this neighborhood. To start with, have a look at The Columbia Club, the Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown and the Home2 Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Downtown. You'll be able to get out of bed and be at fantastic attractions like Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art shortly after.
- Washington Township: If you're someone who'd prefer to immerse yourself in nature than spend time hitting the shops, this is the area for you. Enjoy some downtime at Holliday Park before relaxing at one of this neighborhood's popular hotels. Some recommendations are the Ironworks Hotel Indy, the Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Keystone Crossing and the TownePlace Suites Indianapolis Keystone.
- Pike Township: Many travelers choose to base themselves in this neighborhood to be near some of the city's biggest attractions. Caribbean Cove Indoor Water Park, Eagle Creek Park and SportZone are just a few of them here. If you're also thinking of staying in this part of town, the Clarion Inn & Suites Northwest, the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Indianapolis Park 100 and the Residence Inn by Marriott Indianapolis Northwest are among your options.
2021 Indianapolis vacations
Top Indianapolis hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Indianapolis
You’re always a fan of the underdog. An epic sports story where the last seed in the tournament comes back from behind to score an unimaginable victory? Yes, you’ll watch that. You’ll fit right in with the Hoosiers of Indiana, who sing the praises of unlikely athletic feats and cheer with their whole hearts. Whether you’re a fan of college ball or you just like the idea of rooting for the home team wherever you happen to be, Indianapolis will welcome you with open arms. Grab a seat cushion and head for the bleachers—and welcome to Indiana.
Book your Indianapolis vacation on Travelocity and you’ll save big by booking hotels and flights together. In just minutes, you can put your name on the perfect vacation package—it’s not a hoop dream. Once your trip is booked, pack your sneakers and get ready to have fun in Indy.
Top Hotels in Indianapolis
The key to a fun getaway is making sure you’re staying in a top hotel. Upscale amenities and a comfortable place to lay your head after a day of exploration will transform your vacation from ordinary to memorable. Book one of these hotels as a part of your vacation package in Indianapolis, then relax away, wise wanderer.
- Omni Severin Hotel: Take off your shoes in your 4-star accommodation and relax. The upscale hotel has called downtown Indianapolis home for more than 100 years and sits just two blocks from the city’s stadiums. Take a dip in the heated pool and grab a glass of red at the wine bar.
- JW Marriott Indianapolis: The JW Marriott is modern without losing its sense of charm and is conveniently connected to the convention center. It also has two restaurants and all rooms are equipped with 40-inch TVs and marble accents.
- Conrad Indianapolis: The Conrad is elegant and timeless, like a good set of pearls. After you walk through the opulent lobby, set down your bags in a spacious room. If you’re not sure where to start your vacation, let the staff provide you with one of their one-, three-, or five-hour itineraries of the city.
- The Alexander: Bright, modern art greets you at The Alexander. Windows let in natural light in the lobby and hotel restaurant, and craft cocktails will delight your taste buds at the bar. Back in your room, cosmopolitan décor awaits, along with a city view.
Basketball lovers will feel right at home in Indy, where the NCAA Hall of Champions promises to pay homage to their favorite players and feats of athleticism. If you want to enjoy the sweet serenity of a fresh breeze while you explore the city, stick to outdoor attractions like the Indiana Central Canal and the Indianapolis Zoo. Stop and smell the roses in the White River Gardens, and stretch your legs at Fort Harrison State Park.
Your vacation in Indianapolis can also be full of art and culture. Learn about the history of the region at the Indiana State Museum, and honor the 23rd president at the Benjamin Harrison House. At the Indianapolis Museum of Art, modern pieces and African art share the exhibit halls with sculptures. The museum even hosts live films and art classes for an interactive experience. If you feel the need for speed, wise wanderer, you won’t be alone. Head to the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway and watch the cars race round the track.
Festivals and Events
Embed yourself with locals at a festival or event. You can’t have the full Indianapolis experience from your hotel room. In June, sip the finest fermented glassfuls at the Vintage Indiana Wine and Food Fest and celebrate Native American history and culture at the Eiteljorg Museum Indian Market and Festival at the end of the month. Return in September to feel the blues in your bones at the Indy Jazz Fest or feel the luck of the four-leaf clover at the Indy Irish Fest.
Book one of our Indianapolis package deals today, and you’ll score big by combining your hotel and flight savings. As your heart pounds like you just scored from the three-point line at the buzzer, it will sink in that you’re in store for a trip worthy of your vacation hall of fame.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Indianapolis?
How long should my Indianapolis vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Indianapolis?
Why should I purchase my Indianapolis vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Indianapolis car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Indianapolis?
Which airport is best for Indianapolis?
What is there to do in Indianapolis?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.