Where to stay in Montana: Best areas for travelers
- Whitefish: If your dream vacation includes time spent outdoors, this destination is the one for you. Soak up the scenery at Glacier National Park, then make your way to Flathead Lake. Take in the fresh air at Flathead National Forest and Waterton Glacier International Peace Park if you still have time. Nature buffs also shouldn't miss Whitefish Lake State Park and Bird Woman Falls. Highly rated hotels here include the Downtowner Inn, The Firebrand Hotel and the Fabulous Condo In Heart Of Whitefish.
- West Yellowstone: For a hotel with warm hospitality, browse the deals at The Historic Madison Hotel Motel, the Kelly Inn West Yellowstone or the Dude & Roundup. Once you're well rested, get on out to explore the many interesting sights this destination has to offer. Yellowstone Park West Entrance, Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center and Hebgen Lake should be a part of any good West Yellowstone travel itinerary.
- Bozeman: It's no surprise why nature lovers keep coming back here. With Gallatin National Forest, Montana Arboretum and Gardens and Lewis and Clark Caverns State Park to wander around at your leisure, it's the perfect combination of nature and urban life. If you want to do more sightseeing, make tracks to Palisade Falls, Missouri Headwaters State Park and American Prairie Reserve as well. When you're ready to call it a day, crawl into bed someplace welcoming like the Element Bozeman, The LARK Bozeman or the City Center Inn.
- Missoula: Keeping the kids entertained while on vacation can be tricky, but that won't be a problem here. This place has tons of attractions to keep travelers of all ages happy, like Children's Museum Missoula, A Carousel for Missoula and HUB Family Entertainment Center. After a busy day of exploring, get comfortable at the Residence Inn by Marriott Missoula Downtown. The Bel Aire Motel and the City Center Motel are also fantastic options.
- Billings: Beyond its bustling downtown streets, this destination offers some terrific nature-based attractions. Ditch the traffic and crowds for the calmness of Granite Peak Park, The Rimrocks and Pioneer Park. If you're planning to stay a little while, you can also experience the great outdoors at Riverfront Park, Lake Elmo State Park and Sacrifice Cliff. Recommended stays here include the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Billings, the Northern Hotel and the Best Western Plus Clocktower Inn.
Search vacation packages deals in Montana's top destinations
Montana flight + hotel packages
2021 Montana vacations
Top Montana hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Montana
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Montana?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Montana?
Why should I purchase my Montana vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Montana car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Montana?
Which airport is best for Montana?
What is there to do in Montana?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.