If you are the type of person that has a never-ending curiosity, you'll be sure to enjoy Oglebay Park.
To get there, head about 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, Charleston, to Wheeling.
If time is of the essence, inquire about rooms at the Oglebay Resort & Conference Center. It's situated just 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) from Oglebay Park.
Not too far away, there are several economical solutions that are perfect for making your daily budget last longer. The McLure Hotel & Suites and the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeling at Highlands are among the more well-known establishments.
After visiting all the main tourist sights, get a taste of the offerings at Ihlenfeld Dining Room (465 Lodge Drive, Wheeling), only 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Oglebay Park
Once you're finally finished at Oglebay Park, you certainly won't be at a loss for things to do with all of the other things that are going on in the rest of the area:
- If you can't make it to any of the more recognized museums, give your knowledge a boost at Oglebay Institute Glass Museum.
- Admire the impressive structure that is Suspension Bridge, and relax as you watch the flowing water.
- The Challenger Learning Center is where local youth start their academic journey. Enquire about school open days or tours of the grounds.
- There's no better spot to escape the hustle and bustle than Bethlehem Community Park. Read a book, casually kick a ball around with the kids or have a delicious picnic in this leafy green sanctuary.
- It doesn't matter if you're a history buff or not, you'll enjoy the engineering of Eckhart House, some of the area's favorite historic landmarks.