Rise early, admire the surrounding view and be sure to have a large serving at breakfast. You'll need all the energy you can get if you want to make the most of Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort.
It's in Soda Springs. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it is 80 miles (129 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Sacramento.
Be prepared for a bit of a drive in order to reach your hotel, as there aren't any within 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers). There are 10 places to stay that are 25 miles (40 kilometers) away in Incline Village. The Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino, Parkside Inn at Incline and Twin Top Lodge are a few good examples of the selection here.
Other Things to Do Near Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort
Whether you're wanting to venture down the road less traveled or explore the more popular attractions, you won't run out of things to do after your visit to Royal Gorge Cross Country Ski Resort:
- Try Soda Springs for an amazing vacation on the slopes. This resort provides everything from rental equipment to food and drinks.
- Bring the whole family to escape to the winter wonderland of Boreal Mountain Resort.
- After a fun day of shredding the slopes, relax in the comfortable atmosphere of the Sugar Bowl.
- The Donner Ski Ranch is perfect for visitors wanting to sip on a drink or two after an exhilarating day on the chilly slopes.
- Head to Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area, where you can do all the skiing your heart desires.