Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Townsville, a family-friendly city known for its riverfront and natural parks, as well as attractions like Perc Tucker Regional Gallery and Museum of Tropical Queensland. Take your pick from Travelocity's 12 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Townsville and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Townsville with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Queens Gardens, Strand Park, and Castle Hill.
- Other things to see include Catholic Diocese of Townsville, Cultural Centre Townsville, and ReefHQ Aquarium.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet HQ, A1 Aquarium World, or Petbarn Townsville.
- For vet care, Palms Hermit Park Veterinary Hospital, Wulguru Veterinary Clinic, and Townsville Veterinary Clinic are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Townsville
- Comfort Inn Robert Towns
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 4-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its great beach location and spacious rooms.
- Herbert Valley Motel
Pets stay free at this 3-star motel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its quiet location and quiet rooms.
- Palm Waters Holiday Villas
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star apartment, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the pool and WiFi.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Townsville
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your time in Townsville.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 89°F in the daytime to 71°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 86°F and the nighttime average is 57°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 83°F in the daytime to 56°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 89°F and the nighttime average is 67°F.