Where to stay in Traverse City: Best areas for travelers
- Bellaire: When your schedule is hectic, taking some time to relax in a natural setting can make a big difference. Visitors can do just that in this place. With Torch Lake and Schuss Mountain in the vicinity of the Booking Romantic Fall Visits at Enchanting, Historic Cottage on Lake Bellaire, the Your Home Away From Home on Beautiful Lake Bellaire and the Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village, it's no wonder this area is a magnet for nature buffs.
- Glen Arbor: From wonderful attractions to lively local hot spots, there's plenty to keep you entertained in this neighborhood. Explore all that it has to offer from the comfort of the Big Glen Lake Cottage - Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes - Glen Arbor or the Bluewater House - North Manitou Suite.
- Williamsburg: The Beautiful Elk Lake Home 15 Min From Traverse! Newly Renovated, Sleeps 17 In Beds, the Welcome To Twin Palms A Beautiful Oasis On The Chain Of Lakes Near TC and the Cozy Cottage. Ice Fishing Right off Shore. Close to Casino are waiting for you in this neighborhood. You'll wake up feeling relaxed after an evening at any of these options. If you need a bit more to help you unwind, a stroll around Elk Lake and Sand Lakes Quiet Area might be just the ticket.
- Frankfort: This place attracts art enthusiasts from all over. Why? Elizabeth Lane Oliver Center for the Arts is just one reason. If you want to stay longer to discover its other arty attractions, the River Road Reasonable RV, the 1920\'s Vintage Cottage Located on the South Shore of Beautiful Crystal Lake and the Bay Port Lodging will have a room waiting for you.
- Suttons Bay: One of the greatest things about basing yourself in this neighborhood is that there's plenty to keep you occupied. Plan a route and spend a day taking in top attractions like Leelanau Sands Casino, Ciccone Vineyard and Winery and The Leelanau Club at Bahle Farms. When you've seen them all, rest your aching feet at the Direct Waterfront Suttons Bay, Deck, Sand 4bd/2b July + Aug Weeks Available, the Custom Beach House Make Your Reservation for 2019 Summer/fall Season now or the Lakefront House In Suttons Bay On Leelanau Peninsula.
Top Traverse City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Traverse City
Traverse City Vacations
The quaint Traverse City is located on the banks of Lake Michigan. But that's just one reason why people are eager to snap up Traverse City hotel packages. Traverse City vacations are popular amongst those seeking to visit a charming and picturesque city with a small-town vibe. Beer lovers, foodies, and anyone wishing simply to immerse themselves in northern Michigan will love visiting Traverse City.
When planning your vacation, look into car rentals in Traverse City to see the city's many attractions. One of the area's top attractions is the 64-mile-long Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Swim, hike, and take in the view in what was once voted the "Most Beautiful Place in America." You'll also need a car to visit the area's many wineries. If you yearn to feel the breeze in your hair, take a two-hour or daylong Tall Ship cruise, or go horseback riding in Boardman Valley. For indoor fun, visit the area's four museums. The Dennos Museum is one of the Midwest's most noteworthy small art museums.
Festivals and Events
Traverse is the Cherry Capital of World, and the eight-day National Cherry Festival held each summer is a local favorite. Hotel deals in Traverse City get snapped up quickly around festival time, so book early. Home to more than 40 wineries, many of the area's special events are wine-themed. The Traverse City Wine and Art Festival and Diva's Uncorked (a wine-themed "girls night out") both occur each June. If you love craft brews, you're in luck, too. The Traverse City Summer Microbrew & Music Festival in August is a must-attend weekend event.
Ready to peruse money-saving Traverse City vacation packages? Search Travelocity's more than 400 airlines and 510,000 hotels worldwide. In addition, Travelocity will match any lower price you may find and refund the difference.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Traverse City?
How long should my Traverse City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Traverse City?
Why should I purchase my Traverse City vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Traverse City car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Traverse City?
Which airport is best for Traverse City?
What is there to do in Traverse City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.