Where to stay in Austria: Best areas for travelers
- Vienna: This is where many Austria travelers head to first. Fine dining, nightlife and spectacular attractions are just the beginning in this lively destination. Schoenbrunn Palace, Vienna State Opera and St. Stephen's Cathedral are all worthy of a place on your to-do list. Warm and welcoming hotels include the Hotel de France, the Hilton Vienna Plaza and the Starlight Suiten Hotel Renngasse.
- Kufstein: With fantastic attractions including Hohe Salve Mountain, Kufstein Fortress and Ski Jewel Alpbachtal - Wildschoenau, you'll soon realize why so many tourists choose to visit here. Zahmer Kaiser, Hintersteiner See Lake and Ellmau Ski Resort and Village are just the icing on the cake. Reputable hotels here include the Hotel Gisela, the Boutique Hotel Träumerei 8 Auracher Löchl and the Backstage Kufstein.
- Kitzbuehel: Everyone knows that being in the great outdoors is great for your mind, body and spirit. Luckily, there are tons of natural attractions to discover here, including Hohe Salve Mountain, Hintersteiner See Lake and Black Lake. Why not stay a few more nights and check out Pillersee, Steinplatte and Kitzbueheler Peak too? The right hotel choice will help make your vacation even more enjoyable. We recommend the Strasshofer, the Sporthotel Reisch and the Holiday in the Heart of the Kitzbühel old Town! Apartment in the Middle of the Pedestrian Area.
- Imst: With lots of fabulous sights to see here, you'll have earned a good night's sleep by the time the sun goes down. The Hotel Stern, the Pension Weirather or the Auderer Hotel are some of the best places to put your feet up after exploring Area 47 and Hochsoelden Ski Area. Be sure to check out Fern Pass, Obergurgl-Hochgurgl Ski Area, Wildspitze and Pitztaler Gletscher too.
- Landeck: Visiting St. Christoph am Arlberg Ski Area and Nasserein Ski Lift is a perfect way to begin your getaway in Landeck. But that's just the tip of the iceberg in this buzzing destination. Reschen Pass, Museum St. Anton and Galzig Cable Car are also worth putting on your list. Try not to forget about Silvretta Cable Car either. After a big day of seeing the sights, you'll be ready to relax at a top-notch hotel like the Hotel Schrofenstein, the Hotel Enzian or the Venet Gipfelhütte.
Search vacation packages deals in Austria's top destinations
Top Austria hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Austria
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Austria?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Austria?
Why should I purchase my Austria vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Austria car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Austria?
What is there to do in Austria?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.