Where to stay in Vienna: Best areas for travelers
- Innere Stadt: If you love being in the thick of the action, head for this neighborhood. There are plenty of inspiring sights to discover here, including Vienna State Opera and St. Stephen's Cathedral. Favorite hotels in this part of town include the Pension Nossek, the Hotel Wandl and the Graben Hotel.
- Leopoldstadt: You've got loads of options when it comes to comfortable places to stay in this neighborhood. For starters, take a look at the roomz Vienna Prater, the Hotel Kunsthof and the ibis budget Wien Messe. You'll be able to get out of bed and be at exciting attractions like Riesenrad shortly after.
- Landstrasse: Visit for the delightful ambiance and stay longer for Hundertwasser House Vienna. This area has lots of exciting attractions like this one and an atmosphere that attracts countless travelers. Reserve a room at the Newly Renovated two Room Apartment Centrally Located in the Third District, the Work Live and Feel Good or the Hotel Eurostars Embassy and discover what makes this place a good choice.
- Wieden: Before heading off and exploring every inch of this awesome neighborhood, you'll need a decent night's sleep. The Hotel Johann Strauss, the Austria Trend Hotel beim Theresianum and the grätzlhotel belvedere are some options to look into. Book a room at one of these and wake refreshed and raring to uncover the area's main attractions, starting with Belvedere.
- Favoriten: If you can only last so long without spending time in nature, a visit to Business Park Vienna might be right up your alley. When you're done exploring, put your feet up at the Hotel Eitljorg, the Primus Hotel & Apartments or the Abcd Apartments A 23 Nielrosenweg and look up what other nature-based attractions this neighborhood has to offer.
Vienna flight + hotel packages
2021 Vienna vacations
Top Vienna hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Vienna
Austria is one of the most scenic countries in the world, and Vienna vacations are a splendid way to see Austria at its finest. The city's breathtaking architecture, interesting history, and musical renderings all come together for a vacation in Vienna you'll reminisce about for years to come.
Vienna vacation packages often include a trip to a palace, allowing you to explore the architecture and rich history of this picturesque Austrian city. Schonbrunn Palace is one of Vienna's most popular attractions. Originally built in 1696, this ornate building started out as a hunting lodge. Over time it was expanded, and now has a vast array of rooms with opulent decor, as well as elaborate and lush gardens. If you're an animal lover, you can enjoy close encounters with the exotic creatures at Tiergarten. The oldest zoo in the world, it's home to almost 800 exotic and unusual animals. Vienna rental cars help you explore other interesting attractions, such as the Museums Quartier. This complex actually houses many museums, allowing you to view collections of masterpieces and fine art from the past and the present.
Festivals and Events
Lovers of music should consider visiting Vienna during the Summer of Music Festival, which spans the middle of July through the middle of September. It's a joyous celebration of all things musical, during which the city hosts multiple concerts and various movie screenings. Visit in December to enjoy Christmas in Vienna: an evening of breathtaking music by world-renowned artists. It is held in the Vienna Concert House, which is a sight to behold all on its own.
Travelocity offers numerous Vienna hotels , ranging from comfortable and cozy rooms to plush and austere ambiance in large suites. No matter how long you vacation in Vienna, the sights and sounds will remain in your heart forever.
Tours and Activities in Vienna
Whether you want your trip to be heart-pounding and unforgettable or more peaceful and mellow, one thing's for certain — you'll have a bucketload of tales to tell after it's all over!
So you've stuffed your Vienna itinerary with a whole bunch of activities — great! If you're trying to organize a couple more things, have a look at our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Vienna?
How long should my Vienna vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Vienna?
Why should I book my Vienna vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Vienna car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Vienna?
Which airport is best for Vienna?
What is there to do in Vienna?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.