Where to stay in Milan: Best areas for travelers
- Milan Centre: There's an undeniable romance in staying where the action is. Great cuisine, nightlife, convenience — this neighborhood is hard to go past. Make sure you visit Cathedral of Milan and Piazza del Duomo. Some popular places to rest your head include the TownHouse Duomo, the Park Hyatt Milano and the Galleria Vik Milano.
- Centro Storico: If Castello Sforzesco is on your list, this neighborhood is the location for you. You'll be close to this leading attraction from a range of hotels, like the Victor Boutique Hotel, the Hotel Spadari Al Duomo and the TownHouse Duomo.
- Cerchia dei navigli: If the reason for your travels is to check off the main attractions, staying here is a wise choice. Make yourself at home at the Victor Boutique Hotel, the Park Hyatt Milano or the Hotel Spadari Al Duomo. Of the area's many highlights, the shining star is Cathedral of Milan.
- Central Station: Home to attractions like Casa-Museo Boschi Di Stefano, this neighborhood is ideal for art lovers. There's a good range of hotels here too. Some great options are the Hotel Bristol, the Michelangelo Hotel and the Hotel Aosta.
- Navigli: Spend your getaway in this interesting neighborhood and take your pick of hotels, such as the iH Hotels Milano Watt 13, the La Cordata Accommodation - Zumbini 6 and the Nhow Milano. If you're after something to keep you busy while you're here, make sure you check out Chiesa di San Cristoforo Sul Naviglio.
Top Milan hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Milan
Milan is the capital of the Lombardy region in Italy. Visitors to this major metropolitan center in the far northern part of the country will discover endless sightseeing opportunities and a rich history that spans more than two thousand years.
La Scala is the most well-known opera house in the world. See Leonardo da Vinci's masterpiece "The Last Supper" in the refectory of the Santa Maria delle Grazie Church. Many Milan vacations include visits to these iconic landmarks. The Milan Cathedral is the fifth-largest church in the world. Construction of this massive masterpiece spanned six centuries, and the edifice now includes 135 spires. Milan car rentals help visitors explore more of the Lombardy region, including side trips up into the Alps.
In central Milan, you'll find Sempione Park and its many attractions. Relax as you stroll through the Japanese garden or tour the City Aquarium. Montanelli Gardens, founded in the 1700s, is the home of the Natural History Museum of Milan and the Milan Planetarium.
Experience Milan in a more intimate way by strolling among the artisans' stalls at the Fiera, a Milan street market started in the 13th century. Savor local Milan delicacies offered by the many food vendors on the grounds of the Castello Sforzesco.
Recurring Festivals and Events
Internationally known jazz artists perform at the Milan Jazzin' Festival held every July. The Formula 1 Grand Prix is held in September at Monza, just ten miles outside the city. The Milan Film Festival is another September event that showcases the work of aspiring Milanese filmmakers. In early December, many locals celebrate the beginning of the festive season at the Sant'Ambrogio Street Festival, immediately followed by the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
Plan your vacation in Milan by browsing the many hotels in Milan at Travelocity. Save up to $537 when you book a flight and a hotel at the same time with one of the Milan vacation packages. The history and culture of Milan await you.
Tours and Activities in Milan
Some travel experiences can change our entire outlook on life. So if you think you've been running in circles lately, get set to leap into some eye-opening new adventures.
If organizing a travel itinerary isn't your favorite thing, there's no need to fret — we've got you covered. Milan has an awesome range of things to do. Here are some good options:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Milan?
How long should my Milan vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Milan?
Why should I book my Milan vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Milan car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Milan?
Which airport is best for Milan?
What is there to do in Milan?
Where should I stay when visiting Milan?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.