Don't forget your camera when you visit Captain Cook Monument. It offers up some excellent photographic vistas.
Wouldn't you like to make your way to Captain Cook so you can get started now?
When you start to consider accommodations, there are 2 popular options for you to choose from. The Ka'awaloa Plantation Bed & Breakfast and Halemalu are located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Captain Cook Monument.
A night at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay is worth each and every dollar. It is the one premier hotel in the vicinity, situated 6 miles (10 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Captain Cook Monument
When you're finished with Captain Cook Monument, you aren't going to run out of ideas with some of the other things that are available in the rest of the area:
- Plan a fun family outing at Kapahukapu Manini Beach, where you can play in the sand all day.
- A day at Kona Coffee Living History Farm is an excellent way to learn about regional history away from the crowded tourist sites.
- Dive beneath the surface and join in the underwater sports at Dive Center SEASPACE DIVING.
- Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden is a wonderful place to spend a clear afternoon picnicking, throwing a ball around and discovering the plants and trees that exist here.
- Kona Pacific Farmers Cooperative is a fun place where you'll be sure to learn something new.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Captain Cook Monument? Check out our Captain Cook Monument travel guide!