Book a hotel near Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, Asheville
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site
Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site Hotel & Travel Guide
Be prepared to travel through time when you visit Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site.
It is located in Flat Rock, which is roughly 220 miles (354 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Raleigh.
There are only 2 accommodations in the area. However, their convenient location more than makes up for the slim choice. Located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, the Highland Lake Inn & Resort and Mill House Lodge are sure to please time-constrained tourists.
If you don't like choosing between going out for lunch and buying plenty of campy souvenirs, then free up some of your daily allowance by reserving a room at one of the surrounding area's more economical accommodations. Some such places are the Econo Lodge and the Ramada Hendersonville.
Flat Rock Cinema (2700-D Greenville Highway, Flat Rock) has to be one of the most well-known establishments for a light refreshment. A popular eatery for sightseers with an appetite, Dragonfly Cafe (2702 Greenville Highway, Flat Rock) is just 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Carl Sandburg Home National Historic SiteYou've come here for Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, but you may well be pleasantly surprised by what else the area has going on:
- The excellent performances, festivals and various other events offered by Flat Rock Playhouse are treasured by the community's artists and spectators.
- Imagine yourself living many years in the past when you're on a guided tour of the historic house, Connemara.
- If you want an event area that has high-quality services, consider Bonclarken Conference Center. You can be certain that there are a range of cafes and restaurants located close by.
- Head straight to Western North Carolina Air Museum, where you'll explore the interesting heritage of aviation and the magic and adventure associated with flying.
- Head to Hendersonville Antique Toy Museum, where your children may enjoy what's being displayed and perhaps learn a thing or two.