FAQs about Chico Flights
What airport is best to fly into Chico?
Chico has just one airport. You'll be arriving at Sacramento, CA Airport (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), which is 75 miles (120 kilometers) from the city center. Where to stay in Chico
Visiting Chico is always a good idea, especially when you have 17 terrific accommodations to select from through Travelocity. The adventure you've been dreaming about is yours in a couple of clicks!
After busy day of wandering the streets of Chico, there's nothing nicer than coming home to a comfortable room and an inviting bed. The Hotel Diamond Chico are a few of Travelocity's most popular accommodations. Places to visit in Chico
If you've visited the more well-known museums, take a look at what's on at National Yo-Yo Museum. Want some more ideas? Learn the fascinating history of California State University-Chico with a tour of the campus grounds. And that's not all. The halls of Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park hold some interesting historic tales. Find out more about this historically significant structure by scheduling a tour. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Chico
Your journey to Chico starts as soon as you've finished the security checks. Here is a list of handy tips to help you pass through quickly:
- Have your boarding pass and travel ID easily accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be asked to produce by security personnel.
- Take off your jewellery, belt and shoes before arriving at the security checkpoint. Items such as these are not permitted to pass through the body scanner.
- Electronic items such as laptops, cameras and phones will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Be sure to have them within easy reach.
- When you get to the security checkpoint, you'll be asked to put all creams, liquids and gels in a separate bin for inspection. Make sure they're all packed in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and sealed in a clear zip-lock bag.
- Consider your choice of footwear. Slippers are great because they're super easy to step out of when you're at the security checkpoint. Try wearing a pair on your next journey!
- The list of non-permissible items is forever updating. Check with your airline's website to find out what is not allowed on board their aircraft.