FAQs about Oakland Flights
Which airlines fly to Oakland?
If you're hoping to fly into Oakland to kick off your amazing adventure, your best option is to book a seat with Japan Transocean Air. What airport is best to fly into Oakland?
Oakland has just one airport, which makes booking your flight here a breeze. Oakland, CA Airport (OAK-Oakland Intl.) is about 7 miles (12 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Where to stay in Oakland
Studied up on Oakland, sorted your vacation outfits but haven't yet booked your accommodations? Travelocity is here to help. Choose from 79 centrally located properties and start packing those bags!
Like the fancier things in life? Then spend your stay in serious style at the Claremont Club & Spa - A Fairmont Hotel. If you'd prefer to cut costs on your accommodations, consider a budget property like the Civic Center Lodge. Places to visit in Oakland
So many things to see and so little time. If you're keen to discover the best of this city, add the University of California - Berkeley and the Greek Theater to your vacation itinerary. If you get the chance, stop by the Chabot Space and Science Center and the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive too.
Explore the world of history and enjoy a fun day out when you visit Oakland Museum of California. Want some more ideas? Lights, camera, action! You'll feel a thrill of excitement and make yourself comfortable at Paramount Theatre. But that's not all there is. Many travelers like going to Lake Merritt. Bring a lunch and simply relax. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Oakland
If you like the thought of spending more time at the airport restaurants and less time navigating your way through security on your way to Oakland, follow these helpful tips:
- Security personnel will ask to see your travel ID and boarding pass as part of their checks. Tuck them away in an accessible place, so they're all ready for inspection.
- Remove your belt and shoes before approaching the security checkpoint. Items like these are not allowed in the body scanner.
- Laptops need to be removed from their cases and placed in a tray for inspection.
- When it comes to traveling with gels and liquids, each passenger is allowed a quart-sized clear resealable bag to keep containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Untie your shoelaces as you approach the body scanner. Depending on what sort of shoes you've got on, security may tell you to remove them.
- Scissors and multi-tools are not permitted on board the aircraft. Stash them away in your checked luggage to avoid leaving them at the airport security checkpoint.