FAQs about Krakow Flights
Which airlines fly to Krakow?
Ready to book the flight for your exciting trip to Krakow? A total of 5 airlines advertise flights to this destination. Some of the best include:
What airport is best to fly into Krakow?
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
Krakow has just one airport. You'll be stepping off the plane at Krakow Airport (KRK-John Paul II - Balice), which is located 6 miles (10 kilometers) from the center of the city. Where to stay in Krakow
With 620 wonderful accommodations in Krakow, your options are many and varied. But don't dilly-dally. The sooner you book, the sooner you can start your adventure!
Splurge on a little luxury at the Venetian House Market Square Aparthotel or the Hotel Wentzl. After all, it's not every day you go on vacation! That said, you don't plan a getaway to stay in your room all week. If you're after a more wallet-friendly option, think about the Intro Hostel or the Let's Rock Hostel.
Is Main Market Square, Stare Miasto the one and only reason for your trip to Krakow? To make things a bit more convenient, it may be a good idea to stay in one of the places close by! A couple of our suggestions are the Venetian House Market Square Aparthotel and the Hotel Wentzl. Places to visit in Krakow
Travelers flock to get a glimpse of world-famous sights in rain or sunshine. So, no matter what the forecast is while you're in Krakow, there's no reason to miss out on exploring Wawel Castle and Main Market Square.
Experience the true essence of this lively metropolis by exploring attractions like Wawel Cathedral and the Oskar Schindler Factory. If you have more time up your sleeve, St. Mary's Basilica and the Czartoryski Museum are worth a look too.
Make your way to Galicia Jewish Museum if you've seen all the other museums and you still have a thirst for more! Need some more options? Venture back through time and brush up on your history with an excursion to Cloth Hall. But that's not all there is. Revisit your college days with an approved visit to Collegium Maius. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Krakow
If you like the thought of spending more time at the airport bars and restaurants and less time moving through security on your way to Krakow, just follow these suggestions:
- Be sure you know the location of your boarding pass and travel ID. You don't want to hold up the queue when you're asked to hand them over.
- It's helpful to know that metal belt buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you're wearing one, you may be instructed to step back and take it off before continuing.
- Ensure your laptop, phone and other electronic devices are within easy reach. These items need to be sent through the X-ray machine in separate trays.
- Flying with your favorite cologne? As long as it's not bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's placed in a clear zip-lock bag, you can keep it in your hand luggage.
- Airport security staff will likely tell you to take off your shoes before entering the body scanner. Wear a pair that you can slip off easily. There's nothing more annoying than having to do your laces up over and over again.
- Some countries have strict biosecurity laws. Consider where you're journeying to and whether or not you're allowed to travel with fresh fruit and meat.